Search found 108 matches

by Aspen
Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:04 pm
Forum: Randomness
Topic: My Grandaunt Died, Please Pity Me!
Replies: 82
Views: 13466

Re: My Grandaunt Died, Please Pity Me!

... However, you make the mistake that bringing your personal problems onto an anonymous internet forum is "an escape from real life". That's not an escape from real life, that's bringing your "real life" onto the internet, where people generally don't really want to hear about it, unless there's s...
by Aspen
Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:03 pm
Forum: Lugaru
Topic: Lugaru Model Redesign
Replies: 76
Views: 50137

Re: Lugaru Model Redesign

I think, jo-shadow, that you are a large fan of the Ancestral Tales campaign. You have linked to it twice now, and in the same topic.
by Aspen
Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:37 pm
Forum: Lugaru
Topic: Staves
Replies: 28
Views: 11668

Re: Staffs

Noz wrote:
Glabbit wrote:I suppose you're right on that point. Rephrase, then: The staff made the game significantly easy-ER. (Yes, yes, 'easier'. Though typing 'easi-er' seems odd to me)
The Sword, indeed, makes it too easy.
I thought the sword was very hard to master.
Hold the attack button down.
by Aspen
Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:57 am
Forum: Lugaru
Topic: Staves
Replies: 28
Views: 11668

Re: Staffs

Actually, that's exactly the problem. They make the game too easy. This also results in your failing to practice the combat system to its full degree and getting your ass whooped in the next level in which there are wolves and no staff. I disagree with this post. The staff does not make the game to...
by Aspen
Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:17 am
Forum: Lugaru
Topic: Lugaru Model Redesign
Replies: 76
Views: 50137

Re: Lugaru Model Redesign

I have also just scanned the part about a new upcoming campaign. This bit particularly interests me, especially if it uses this new model (and new animations.) The one thing we still cannot do, if I am correct, is add completely new animations without replacing an old one. Is that right? If I am cor...
by Aspen
Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:03 pm
Forum: Randomness
Topic: Necromancy and Overgrowth
Replies: 9
Views: 2163

Re: Necromancy and Overgrowth

The general answer I appear to be getting is the Wolfire forum is the appropriate forum for my Overgrowth suggestions. I am aware that there are other threads similar to this, although according to Lotus Wolf, the majority of them are in the Secret Preorder Forum. Taking this into account, I shall p...
by Aspen
Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:01 pm
Forum: Lugaru
Topic: Lugaru Model Redesign
Replies: 76
Views: 50137

Re: Lugaru Model Redesign

Woah, I'm flattered, but Lotus Wolf is real pro dude, with hundreds of custom weapons and already a campaign or two under his belt he's got a-lot on me. It's awesome collaborating with him =) Not to mention the creators of the other custom campaigns like Jendraz (Empire), Silb (Temple), skraeling (...
by Aspen
Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:59 pm
Forum: Randomness
Topic: My Grandaunt Died, Please Pity Me!
Replies: 82
Views: 13466

Re: My Grandaunt Died, Please Pity Me!

Grayswandir wrote:You labeled the wrong person "Spastic".
It is a voice bubble, which indicates that Renegade_Turner is talking.

Also, a person in the background is saying "Lol". This is another indication that it is not a label; the other option is the person in the background is labelled "Lol".
by Aspen
Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:45 am
Forum: Randomness
Topic: Necromancy and Overgrowth
Replies: 9
Views: 2163

Re: Necromancy and Overgrowth

I think I like Apsen. I haven't seen a whole lot of him, but he seems to be one of the good bunch. Anyway, in my opinion, if you haven't preordered OG, and can't access the preorder forum, you shouldn't post questions suggestions or requests about OG. No offence to you Aspen, but that's how I see i...
by Aspen
Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:43 am
Forum: Lugaru
Topic: Lugaru Model Redesign
Replies: 76
Views: 50137

Re: Lugaru Model Redesign

Are you creating a new, more sleek, rabbit model for the game? I am in complete awe and you may have just replaced Lotus Wolf as the best modder here.

Although I suppose rudel_ic has a lot to thank for what you are doing here.
by Aspen
Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:18 pm
Forum: Wolfire
Topic: Happy birthday John!
Replies: 14
Views: 3734

Re: Happy birthday John!

I will quote someone else because I can't think of anything clever to say for myself.
Fournine wrote:Celebratory anniversary of womb extraction, John!
by Aspen
Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:47 pm
Forum: Wolfire
Topic: The "John's beard" thread! - Noooes, the beard is gone!
Replies: 702
Views: 207140

Re: The "John's beard" thread!

I've also decided to go with Untadaike's beardjob. That sounds dirty. Yes, I thought it might sound that way. However, I decided not to change and and also decided against bringing it up because it would almost certainly the thread off-topic quickly. However, you brought it up, so I will reply to y...
by Aspen
Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:44 pm
Forum: Randomness
Topic: Necromancy and Overgrowth
Replies: 9
Views: 2163

Necromancy and Overgrowth

Necromancy The rules on necromancy are "Please do not bump topics if you have nothing to contribute to the post." However, I have observed that if User1 resurrects an old topic to add something meaningful and/or ask a question, often will User2 ignore the question/statement in favor of bringing up ...
by Aspen
Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:10 pm
Forum: Wolfire
Topic: The "John's beard" thread! - Noooes, the beard is gone!
Replies: 702
Views: 207140

Re: The "John's beard" thread!

Fournine wrote:It was 1658 copies. You're off by an order of magnitude.
My mistake. I did not mean eighteen thousand, I mean one thousand eight hundred. Which is still off, even rounding, by about a hundred, but I was recalling it from memory and not looking it up. Thank you for the correction.
by Aspen
Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:08 pm
Forum: Lugaru
Topic: Lugaru:Empire, Another Campaign!
Replies: 236
Views: 283094

Re: Lugaru:Empire, Another Campaign!

But then you kill him as Lucuis, which kind of takes Deciums's statements about "someday you will fail" and ruins the dramatic effect of those statements. Oh yeah-- good point! By that fight, Ash has quit his assassin career, if I remember right. A possible opportunity for Lucius to say something l...