Polygon gives Beyonetta 2 a 7.5 because of sexualization.

Anything else
EPR89

Re: Polygon gives Beyonetta 2 a 7.5 because of sexualization

Post by EPR89 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:10 pm

That's it.
I give up.
This is a fucking waste of time.

It amazes me how you disregard all the stuff mentioned before, like the threads I have linked to where the developers engaged in the discussion with the people you just called a silent minority... Or how those threads got a really positive response from a community that, according to you, doesn't care about this stuff...

No offence, man, but you are either delusional or just simply full of yourself.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:29 pm

I didn't see a link to anything, don't know where you're going with that.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:46 pm

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:It does, but again it's in the vast minority, or a silent majority, it's not practical to appease a minority or silent majority when a lot of people don't care.
Gamergate: thousands to tens of thousands AT MOST
Gamers: millions

I guess I'll have to bow out of this discussion because a lot of people don't care and those who care are a minority. Gamergate is unnecessary, just like immersion.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:I didn't see a link to anything, don't know where you're going with that.
Here.

Since you said that people who want female characters were a silent minority, I assumed you had taken a look at the discussion board. Apparently that assumption was wrong.
This does explain a lot about your posts, though...

I probably should have realised this earlier. I mean, one of those threads was on the frontpage of the board yesterday. Silent, hmm... No wonder you don't get 'where I'm going with that.'

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Well it has less then fifty posts, and the Minimum community a lot larger then fifty people.

Point null and void.

Two threads consisting of around 150 posts total. That means assuming 1 person commented ONE TIME on each post, that's 150 people vocal enough to care.

That simply isn't the case. So you're wrong on that.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:35 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Well it has less then fifty posts, and the Minimum community a lot larger then fifty people.
Also see Gamergate, which is smaller than gamers. That means we should ignpre it, right?

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:14 am

That isn't what I meant at all.

PLUS we know there are MILLIONS of gamers.

My thinking about Minimum is this:

Being generous, let's assume that the two threads generated a total of 200 posts.

Let's also assume that only one person commented one time, so 200 people commented once.

That's still only 200 people, and there are around 500 to a few thousand reviews.

So either there is a large silent majority (A cop out) or there is a vast majority who don't care or don't want it.

That's being generous, really, really generous. I know it's far less then 200 comments. And many people commented multiple times.

But you love strawmen don't ya?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:09 am

Being generous, let's assume that GG twitter generate a total of 100ktweets daily.

Let's also assume that only one person commented one time, so 100k people commented once.

That's still only 100k people, and there are MILLIONSof gamers.

So either there is a large silent majority (A cop out) or there is a vast majority who don't care or don't want it.

That's being generous, really, really generous. I know it's far less then 100k users, since so many of the accounts were created so recently. And many people commented multiple times.And it's mostly retweets.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:31 am

Well no see the difference is, alright, there actually really isn't a difference, but he supports one and not the other, therefore despite the glaringly obvious similarities, he's going to pretend they're different, otherwise he'd be admitting that he's wrong one way or the other
[+] phoenix.gif

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:14 pm

Endoperez wrote:Being generous, let's assume that GG twitter generate a total of 100ktweets daily.

Let's also assume that only one person commented one time, so 100k people commented once.

That's still only 100k people, and there are MILLIONSof gamers.

That's being generous, really, really generous. I know it's far less then 100k users, since so many of the accounts were created so recently. And many people commented multiple times.And it's mostly retweets.

Fair enough, is it that unfair to assume that some people who support GamerGate aren't on twitter, like me?

Of course, those are in the vast minority, so it's a moot point.

Point still stands, just like how GamerGate gets attention by being loud and obnoxious (Or at least regarded as such), so do the feminazis and apparently the people on the Minimum forum.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:24 pm

How the fuck were the people on the Minimum forum being loud and obnoxious?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Many Gamergaters aren't on Twitter, but many people who play games aren't active on its forum either, so...

Are you against A) the message that's being delivered or B) the method of getting it noticed?

You've been arguing against the method used by feminists either sharing or suggesting things. You've said they're wrong for suggesting things on Steam or other forums where developers might be influenced.
I don't think that's going to convince anyone, because many people have gone to those forums to do exactly that!
You should focus on what the feminists are saying, and why, and argue against those things. Not the exact wording, necessarily, but the message. I doubt I'll be convinced of any wrongdoings unless you found one of those really ridiculous suggestions/requests/demands, though.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:54 pm

EPR89 wrote:How the fuck were the people on the Minimum forum being loud and obnoxious?
Figure of speech, I meant they were being extremely vocal, like GamerGate.
Endoperez wrote:Many Gamergaters aren't on Twitter, but many people who play games aren't active on its forum either, so...
In both cases I'd say that those people are in the silent minority, excluding people who talk about each respective thing on other forums.
Are you against A) the message that's being delivered or B) the method of getting it noticed?
Little of both.

The request is, in my honest opinion, wrong. Wanting everyone to be equal is a stupid suggestion no matter who's being sexist towards, wanting the game to change itself because you don't like how it is, is stupid and wrong.

The method of it being delivered isn't helping.