Random Ultimatum Flamewar VII: The Reignition

Anything else
Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:25 pm

Quick, a new page!

Warning: previous page is reported to have been contaminated by extreme leet speak and misspelling hazards, do not look.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Silb wrote:Quick, a new page!

Warning: previous page is reported to have been contaminated by extreme leet speak and misspelling hazards, do not look.
haha, that's takin it too far, man

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:47 pm

Colicedus wrote:Geeze You REALY are getting slow. :shock:
It took you how long to type that? or even think that up?
Dam, where are your Meds?
I have seen slow, I worked with people in Nut houses! And Fuck that was slow as they come.

That is beyond 486 its that slow! :shock:
Now you're merely diverting attention from the points he made without addressing them, and in doing so your argument/insult fails automatically.

Also, the assumption that he took the length of time from the moment you posted your initial flame to the moment he posted his retort to think up and type the reply is an assumption which shows how little skill you have as a flamerer-er. Please flame based on facts rather than made up nonsense.

That's about as effective as calling him a fag. As a matter of fact, it would have been much more entertaining if you had just replied with "Fag." It probably would have offended more too.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:51 pm

Fuck up you Faggot Pie!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:55 pm

Gee, I love it when people take the time to reply to my posts with witty retorts.

Oh, and a bit of advice, swearing in an argument only makes you look like an angry child, and displays your lack of proper vocabulary. It's a hard lesson to learn but I guess you have to learn it some time.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:56 pm

Do I look like I care?
Go suck a Cock and choke! :roll:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:59 pm

***Renegade_Turner sees no need for a response. He appears to have caused opponent to begin flaming himself. Doing quite a good job of it too.***

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:04 pm

Don't worry, Renegade, Colicedus just hasn't come up with a new insult idea yet. Maybe next week.

(Colicedus, just kidding :) )
(bear in mind that swear words are against the rules though)
(because there are, uh, 12-year olds on the forums, and...)
(oh well)
Blorx wrote:haha, that's takin it too far, man
Shhh, I'm feeling kinda responsible for having brought that about, so I'm covering it up with a new page.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:05 pm

Dude, they've been flaming themselves for over 12 pages now. Get used to it and leave them alone. They require no outside assistance to make asses of themselves.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:08 pm

Well I think swearing is okay, except when you're trying to prove your worth over another person in an argument. In everyday speech it's okay.

Not around minors I guess. Well if I had my own children I think they'd need to be introduced to a bit of swearing. It shouldn't be such a shocking thing. But I guess I shouldn't swear around younger people who I don't control. :P
Ultimatum479 wrote:Dude, they've been flaming themselves for over 12 pages now. Get used to it and leave them alone. They require no outside assistance to make asses of themselves.
But it's so much fun to help people make asses of themselves. :(

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:13 pm

This taboo against "cursing" is completely arbitrary and, frankly, stupid.

So-called "swear" words are merely stronger vocabulary used to emphasize one's feelings on a subject. Using a curse when one doesn't truly feel that strongly is just like saying "hate" when one means "dislike", etc. It isn't, and shouldn't be, offensive to anyone, but it does make their words have much less meaning. Holding stronger vocabulary, "curse words" included, in reserve for when one actually _means_ to say that they "fucking hate" something instead of "slightly disliking" it allows everyone to be much more clear on the extent of one's feelings. _That's_ the only logical reason that excessive swearing would be counterproductive, not "It's a bad thing to say, especially around little kids!"

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:13 pm

actually I've only been part of this on 4-5 pages...and this post is meant for stupidity...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:19 pm

That said, Ultimatum, swear words still show a lack of vocabulary in an argument.

I've nothing against swearing, but when someone starts using swears in an argument it's usually just a way of trying to sound like they're actually saying something when they're really saying absolutely nothing.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:23 pm

Ultimatum wrote:This taboo against "cursing" is completely arbitrary and, frankly, stupid.

So-called "swear" words are merely stronger vocabulary used to emphasize one's feelings on a subject. Using a curse when one doesn't truly feel that strongly is just like saying "hate" when one means "dislike", etc. It isn't, and shouldn't be, offensive to anyone, but it does make their words have much less meaning. Holding stronger vocabulary, "curse words" included, in reserve for when one actually _means_ to say that they "fucking hate" something instead of "slightly disliking" it allows everyone to be much more clear on the extent of one's feelings. _That's_ the only logical reason that excessive swearing would be counterproductive, not "It's a bad thing to say, especially around little kids!"
oh, a debate.

I would argue that in order to produce maximum impact, swearing always relies on a culture's strongest taboos: once religion (goddamn etc), now sex. Thus it is entirely logical that cursing itself is taboo, and in partricular it is neither arbitrary nor stupid.

The rest of your case is equally false but I'll keep things simple to avoid confusing you.
(Sorry, this is the flame thread :) ).

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:40 pm

That doesn't make cursing taboo; it makes it taboo to curse _about_ "taboo" subjects. By the very nature of said subjects, any sort of discourse about them is taboo no matter the language involved.

<Also insert pissed essay about the stupidity of things being "taboo" here>