Kids vs Minecraft

Anything else
Ragdollmaster

Re: Kids vs Minecraft

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Speaking of AAA titles, I didn't think Killzone 3 would be as good as it was, but I played the multiplayer today up in my friend's room and loved every second of it.
Killzone 3 is pretty awesome, and just plain pretty. It's definitely got its mechanics down pat. The campaign was fairly average, but Killzone 2's singleplayer is a blast, if a bit short.

Killzone 2 also had the only useful application of casual motion controls that I've ever seen: While using a sniping rifle, instead of the scope continuously swaying or there being a button to "steady" the scope (ie HOLD YOUR BREATH BRO), the amount of sway depended on how steady you were holding the six-axis controller. If your hands were shaking, the scope would be shaking. If I remember correctly, they took away that feature in Killzone 3, though. Shame :/

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:That is, until you go through the game a bit and realise that it was earth which invaded the Locust home planet for resources.
Ummm... That isn't what happens... The locust are a species which developed under the surface of Sera (The planet on which it is set) without the majoriy of the human race knowing, they came out and started killing humans because they were losing the war for the hollows (The war being fought against the lambent, you know those giant glowy tentacle monsters) and needed more land. I could explain more, but spoilers and such, there could be people here who are soon to play the third, don't want to give anything away.

Locust in the Gears wiki

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Doesn't change the humans from being the antagonists. They were mining into the home of the locusts or something along those lines. And apparently at this stage humanity had already blown the fuck out of itself, unsurprisingly. Therefore, the humans are the bad guys.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Humans were fighting over the fuel (Imulsion as it's known) the Imulsion mutated some of the locust and they became the lambent. The lambent wanted the locust hollows for themselves, so a war was started over it. It isn't even hinted that the humans started the war (Well, Adam Fenix was supposed to make the cure for the lambent infection but it wasn't done in time and the Locust had to emerge or be destroyed by the Lambent). There is no point at which the humans are made into the antagonists.

The closest they come to anything but the good guys is the beginning of the second game when Myrrah (The locust queen) is talking about how we were fighting a war amongst ourselves, unaware of the real danger. (Or at least that's the general gist of it) Even then it isn't bad guys so much as idiots.

In case you haven't guessed, I'm a pretty big Gears fan.

alishachuhan

Post by alishachuhan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:18 am

According to me Minecraft is one of my favorite game. It is very interesting game.I am a big fan of game. This game is really best.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 am

That's three inane, meaningless responses on three threads. Methinks we got a bot.

BlackHole

Post by BlackHole » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:01 am

He might just be an ordinary idiot. No way to tell. We can wait. Being banhammered is exclusively for those few real special idiots.

~ Black
A good friend will bail you out of jail and lecture you about how you messed up. A great friend will be sitting right next to you laughing about it saying "damn, we really screwed up!"

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:51 pm

*starts stalking his posts

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:28 pm

BlackHole wrote:few real special idiots.
But what about Adwuga? Although to be fair, he has calmed down recently...

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm the special exception to the special idiots.

Nuclear Xmas

Post by Nuclear Xmas » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:01 am

Cypher10010101010000 wrote:Ok. But I think that story line is the downfall of Minecraft.

What I'm trying to say is we're just having a go at making a game and I wondered if you guys would be at all interested.

Thanks for the information.
Yeah bro, because all that creation and gameplay just isn't fun without some false motive behind it all...