Movies

Anything else
Chalky
Location: The Arctic. Hangin' with Captain Crozier and Silence.

Re: Movies

Post by Chalky » Tue May 31, 2011 9:37 pm

I kinda liked the first movie. I mean I laughed out loud a few times, but I guess it got to hyped for me by my brother and sister that it wasn't as funny as I expected.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:57 am

You just talked about the Dark Knight being awesome and then talked about a film being overhyped.

Anyway, The Hangover was a very good comedy film. First film I saw in the cinema with my ex. I couldn't stop laughing. Heard the new one wasn't as good.

Chalky

Post by Chalky » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:You just talked about the Dark Knight being awesome and then talked about a film being overhyped.

Anyway, The Hangover was a very good comedy film. First film I saw in the cinema with my ex. I couldn't stop laughing. Heard the new one wasn't as good.
Yes, yes I did. But to me the Dark Knight deserves all of the hype it gets, the Hangover doesn't. Or just not as much as it has. Not that it was terrible, like I said, I laughed out loud a few times just not as many times as I was expecting.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:53 pm

Relevant:

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Huh, cool. I haven't really heard any of Alien Ant Farm's stuff, minus their cover of Smooth Criminal, which garnered enough attention to be played on the radio :roll: But yeah, like that song.

MORE RELEVANT: This is super old news but I remembered it yesterday when I heard him mention it during an interview with Evil Avatar Radio.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/27228/Lost-P ... Interview/

Considering it's been roughly three years since the initial announcement, I wanted to check on the progress of the movie, but can't really find much other than some vague "yeah we're working on it" announcements. Still, I'd be excited to see this movie. Hayter is a great screenwriter, and I think Warner Bros as a movie company is a generally good producer, so hopefully they'll be able to make something spectacular.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:52 am

Just watched an awesome crime movie last night: "Gone Baby, Gone" from 2007. Great acting & dialogue, amazing casting, gnarly crime and anxiety-producing editing, story that does the unexpected several times, and some tough moral dilemma. From a Dennis LeHane novel, one of the guys who wrote/created The Wire series.

Really good direction and screenplay co-write by, of all people, Ben Affleck, who also did a fine job on last year's The Town. I think he's a mediocre actor at his best, and has definitely been in some absolutely shite movies, but his two directing projects have both been very good. In this case, outstanding, even.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Also, him and Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting. They wrote the screenplay together and both put in very good performances, particularly Matt Damon.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Saw Black Swan a while back.

Absolutely excellent.

Chalky

Post by Chalky » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Also, him and Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting. They wrote the screenplay together and both put in very good performances, particularly Matt Damon.
I love Good Will Hunting, one of my favorite movies ever. They were originally going to have it be a thriller: Young man in the rough-and-tumble streets of South Boston, who possesses a superior intelligence, is targeted by the FBI to become a G-Man. (Good ol' Wikipedia.) I'm glad they did it as a drama.

carlston

Post by carlston » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:01 am

EDITED: I am a spambot :mrgreen:

love, your friendly neighborhood mystery moderator

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Saw "Westworld" a week or so ago, thought it was great, great acting, great casting, brilliant idea. The music could be annoying at times, but that's to be expected since it was a "Futuristic" film, therefore there had to be a lot of synth work in it, because obviously synth is the future.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:04 am

Saw Tintin. The story wasn't anything inspiring; it was basically your average comic book action flick. The animation blew me away though. Sometimes when they would come into shots I would think they were showing live film for a second.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:44 am

I don't suppose anyone here has read the books or seen the movie Tomorrow When the War Began...? Don't feel bad if you haven't, it's pretty obscure.

Anyway, my brain is currently in the process of trying to wash away any memory of the movie. No amount of love for the books could convince me that the movie was anything other than bad.

PS. I would like to see Tintin. Heard it's pretty good. Enjoyed the comic immensely as a kid.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:37 am

Jacktheawesome wrote:Saw Tintin. The story wasn't anything inspiring; it was basically your average comic book action flick. The animation blew me away though. Sometimes when they would come into shots I would think they were showing live film for a second.
I liked it because of the nostalgia factor mostly, I grew up reading those and I really liked seeing all the characters animated and following the familiar story lines.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:57 pm

X-Men: First Class was far better than I assumed it would be. Liked the use of Spanish, German and French in the film. Authenticity is nice.

Warrior, a film about a father and his two estranged sons who return to MMA fighting for different reasons, was fucking fantastic. One of the best films I've seen in a long time. It's like the Rocky films if they had a good plot, good characters and good acting.