I seek attention

Anything else
nerodx
confused couch potato

Re: I seek attention

Post by nerodx » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:03 pm

Renegayed_Turner wrote:Yup. The music industry is pretty much shot to hell thanks to the major record labels. Makes it almost impossibly hard for the actual good and talented bands to "make it" and the only bands that get through are the generic radio bands. I really hate Miley Cirus. She sells out arena's in seconds because of the Disney channel./color]

True, but they brought this on themselves. Which kindof upsets me as I was hoping to make a career with music but I'm not good enough at guitar so I was looking into jobs with the music industry. Then I found out they were all pricks so now I'm looking into other things.

And I agree with the generic bands, everything that gets on the radio is synthesized crap sung by untalented people who made it through because they are attractive *coughcoughjonasbrothersmileycyruscobrastarshiphalfthewinnersofamericanidolcoughcough*
But things like that aren't going to change soon. People like them and their entitled to their opinion I suppose, but I just can't stand it.

Also I, unfortunately, buy music now. A couple monthes ago my computer got completely raped by a virus I kinda downloaded from limewire. So yeah I'm not using that anymore.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:08 pm

I like some of Cobra Starship's stuff, especially Snakes On A Plane because William Beckett and Travis McCoy are in it.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:27 pm

Not that I encourage illegal downloading or anything, but you can download xtorrent for free and I haven't gotten a virus yet. Then again, I'm running a Mac.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:58 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Does he still think we're the same person?
Always.
I'm stupid like that.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:30 am

I buy music if it's by Irish bands or independant bands like Enter Shikari.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:24 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I buy music
No further comment.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:21 pm

Yeah I don't have a Mac so I'm going to be pretty cautious with the viruses for awhile, we're going to try and get one as soon as this computer is busted, which shouldn't be too long. Buying music doesn't bother me too much, I mean someone has to right?

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I buy music if it's by Irish bands or independant bands like Enter Shikari.
I buy music if I think I'm never going to see them in concert. ;D

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:03 pm

I buy cd's that I LOVE, but usually only after I illegally download them. :P. Anyways, a ton of bands signed to indie labels have said they don't mind how people get their music, as long as they listen to it.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:22 pm

Haha, I've heard that one before...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Blorx wrote:I buy music if I think I'm never going to see them in concert. ;D
I've seen plenty of bands in concert that I've never bought an album of...The Raconteurs, Panic At The Disco, Pendulum, Rage Against The Machine, Newton Faulkner, The Verve, MSTRKRFT etc.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:30 pm

That's the point...if I'm going to see them in concert eventually, there's no need for me to actually buy the album rather than find it some other way because I've already supported their wealth enough by actually going to the concert.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:23 am

Oh, good point. For bands like Enter Shikari, though, I bought their album and saw them three times too. They pretty much released their own album on their own label, Ambush Reality, which was created for the purpose of releasing their records, and is co-owned by them and their close friends. This is the type of music enterprise I support. No bullshit. Kind of like I support Wolfire Games because they did it themselves without anyone's help, and their product hasn't been filtered through the head of some consumer science executive, so that it comes out as a bastardisation of what they really wanted it to be. Let's ambush reality.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Which unfortunately happens a lot. Bands, TV, games, plenty of good ideas tend to be killed by a rich executive who thinks he knows what will be popular. I believe something like that was happening to Nine Inch Nails, which is why they started producing things on their own. Also, I liked that let's ambush reality thing you said, kinda catchy, lol.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:49 pm

nerodx wrote:I believe something like that was happening to Nine Inch Nails, which is why Trent Reznor started producing things on his own.