Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Anything else
Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Post by Blorx » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Freshbite wrote: You most deffinetly should. You will not regret it, that I can promise you.

Just one thing though, would you buy it for the PC or a console?
Because if you buy it for the PC, we would HAVE to play sometime :)
I don't know if it'll matter due to servers probably being based more on region than on platform (it's public knowledge that the EU and NA betas are separate entirely, afaik. However, no one knows anything about the 360 version at all, let alone if they'll capitalize on the RMT movement or not...gah...EA...).

In any case, I'll probably buy it for PC when it's out. I have a good PC (*hint, hint*) and my bro's obsessive over the Xbox.

EDIT: Customization awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uohxUbsiA1Y
Gameplay awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj2rYxqtqBc

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:44 am

Blorx wrote:EDIT: Customization awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uohxUbsiA1Y
Gameplay awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj2rYxqtqBc
Ok, I have to say, that customization video looked FRICKIN awesome (not to mention sexy), they have really cranked up customization tools to the next level.

Congratulations, you have made me want to buy this game even more. :)

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:07 pm

I'm happy to say me and Gray went squading through every game mode on the game last night, got our asses collectively handed to us and still surprisingly enjoyed every minute of the multiplayer game. Better than MW2. Didn't think I'd hear myself say that.

At one stage my K/D was something like 33 kills and 101 deaths. However, in the games after that, I recorded 25 and 12 in one game, and 28 and 13 in another, receiving "Best Player" in both games of 12 people, and winning both games for my team. I'm starting to kick ass at this game much quicker than I did at MW2. Just for the first 5-10 games you suck really badly, it takes a little while to get used to.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Better than MW2. Didn't think I'd hear myself say that.
The main thing that I think makes the multiplayer so much better than in MW2, and possibly the reason why I bought BC2 in the first place, is the fact that they use Dedicated Server.

In Modern Warfare, the game just selects a random host which may (or may not) have a good internet connection. I've multiple times been disconnected from games in the middle of a fight, which is really frustrating. A friend of mine has also experienced some weird disconnections of the game if he was selected to be the host. And if he did not restart the client after the disconnection, and later becomes host again, his computer CRASHED.

I've not experienced this myself, mostly because I've only played the multiplayer on Lan-parties or Internet Cafés with my friends.

-EDIT-
However, even though Dedicated Servers in all its glory is nice, it does have its flaws.
It IS kind of sad that you can't create a server on your own without having to pay for it, especially if you would just like to fool around with friends in a Lan-match without having to worry about interference from other players.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:51 pm

Freshbite wrote:The main thing that I think makes the multiplayer so much better than in MW2, and possibly the reason why I bought BC2 in the first place, is the fact that they use Dedicated Server.

In Modern Warfare, the game just selects a random host which may (or may not) have a good internet connection. I've multiple times been disconnected from games in the middle of a fight, which is really frustrating. A friend of mine has also experienced some weird disconnections of the game if he was selected to be the host. And if he did not restart the client after the disconnection, and later becomes host again, his computer CRASHED.
Yeah that is pretty annoying when it happens, but it doesn't happen frequently enough to be anything more than a pest, rather than a reason not to buy the game. I'd still definitely reccommend the game, I've recorded 3 days 20 hours of playing time on it. That's a lot. And I'm not finished yet.

Just played a few more games of BC2, I got 26 and 8 in one! My K/D is now something like 196 kills for 210 deaths. =D

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:06 pm

I only didn't bought the game because I was broke at the time.
However, I have played the Singleplayer Campaign at a friends house to a full and played the Multiplayer in Internet Cafés, so it's not that I have entirely rejected the game.

I know it's a good game, I'll give it that. It's just that at the time being, other things was of priority. Hell, if not BC2 was released, I might aswell have bought MW2 instead.

Renegade_Turner wrote:I got 26 and 8 in one! My K/D is now something like 196 kills for 210 deaths. =D
That's actually fairly well fought. Do you have somewhere where you upload your recorded content for the public eye?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:44 pm

There's an application on Facebook that tells you your stats.

http://apps.facebook.com/badcompanytwo/index.php

That's the link I copied and pasted from the Facebook page showing me my stats. If you have the application on Facebook you can just enter anyone's Gamertag or PSN number into it and it'll tell you all their stats.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:10 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:I'm happy to say me and Gray went squading through every game mode on the game last night, got our asses collectively handed to us and still surprisingly enjoyed every minute of the multiplayer game. Better than MW2. Didn't think I'd hear myself say that.
HAHA, you kept trying to chase people down with the knife. :P Its more of a last-option and a stealth weapon (assuming the person isn't moving, the post-delay on the swing is horrible...). That third guy we were playing with kept telling us to split up or we'd all die at the same time...so we all just died separately, I think we worked better when we were covering each others backs. :mrgreen:

The only thing that really bugged me about the games today was that we'd set up a squad, then it kept putting you on the other team rather than finding a game that had enough slots open for all three of us...and I never got to blow off your head. :cry: :wink:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:11 am

Yeah that was kinda gay. Plus I think Rush and Conquest are such awful game modes if you don't want to get into a chopper. Seriously, if I wanted a flight or tank sim, I'd buy one. I want an FPS. This shit annoys me!

So I just play Squad Deathmatch and try to avoid the tank. Or slap C4 on it when it spawns and wait for my victim to get in.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:33 pm

I have a hard time enjoying conquest aswell.
It is kinda dull.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Yeah, it is.

It doesn't matter for me anyway because I dropped a plate on my XBox 360 while playing Bad Company 2 (I was eating my dinner and playing at the same time) and now I have one of those circular scratches in my BC2 disc...I feel empty now.

I wonder if I can bring it back to GameStop with my receipt and say it was faulty when I got it. After all, I heard Gamestop had been allowing their staff to take home new copies of games and play them, and then sell them as new anyway.

I hope they'll give me a new one. =[

And that guy I bought it off offered me the replacement copy protection for 3 euro when I was buying it. I should have just gotten it!

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:03 pm

Aw, that sucks! (Rather clumsy though. =P )
Let's just hope that you get a your disc replaced.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:44 am

Aw man, sorry to hear that R_T. Good luck getting a new copy!

I was playing yesterday evening and I was messing around as the Engineer mostly trying to make a mess of the other team's vehicles. I'm hiding behind what's left of a building trying to reload when a Recon popped out from the top of a far building. Here I am, armed with a SAIGA shotgun, an empty RPG-7, and a Tracer Gun (which does no damage to anything...its for marking enemy vehicles, gives RPGS/Rockets a bit of a homing ability when fired at the marked target). I snap shoot the Tracer Gun (I figure, screw it, I might as well annoy him before I die)...and it hits him directly between the eyes (most likely blinding him...I have yet to test if darts will blind infantry on headshots). All of a sudden, the building just detonates as two trigger happy Engineers launch rockets at the now marked Recon, sending his corpse flyng backwards.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:20 am

Yeah man, it hurts thinking about epic moments like that. Can anyone confirm if you're able to install it to your hard drive using a rented copy and then use the scratched disc to use the content from the hard drive? Because the disc recognises the game and even goes into multiplayer games and stuff like that, it's just it fucks up after a minute or two of play.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:22 pm

I've been playing off the HD ever since I got it (it loads all the maps so much faster), its worth a shot.