Member photos

Anything else
Assaultman67

Re: Member photos

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Well, the guy who made it simply claims that Milo simply doesn't react to negative comments and emotions ...

However, it seems as if its absolutely silly to develop a character with so much interactivity just as an experiment, a tech demo that only the priviledged are allowed to see ...

Because of their neglect of "milo technology", I'm pretty certain it was just a puppet used to generate hype for kinect ... dick move ...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:54 pm

Hahaha I've no idea what you guys are talking about. How could you psychologically abuse the computer AI? Does this Kinect respond to speech too? Or just motion?

I hate when people include things in trailers and promotions for something as if it's going to be a feature of the game (or other media) only to then discover that it was only for show.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Hahaha I've no idea what you guys are talking about. How could you psychologically abuse the computer AI? Does this Kinect respond to speech too? Or just motion?

People want to fuck with the AI like facade (well not litterally :? )

I guess its because they're too afraid to confront people in reality and need someone to abuse to relieve stress ...

Personally, I dont really care if they released milo in some sort of game format, I care that they probably lied about the technology behind milo, hence the total silence about it when kinect system came out ...

They promised so much in terms of the ability to capture body movement, scanning, and interpreting body language as well as verbal language that they will probably fall extremely short ...

I mean can you imagine if you could make a fighting game using "body language" libraries to refer to the character ... it would be the ultimate fighting game ever ...

Imagine a SP, Coop, or MP game in which you could fight another opponent using your body movements, the console would recognize you moving your arm and in response move your character's arm in the same way ... it would basically be like a button masher, except you make your own moves and physically do them.

To move around you would have to hold a controller in one hand or something (walking around, getting up when knocked out, etc)

It would be heavily addictive and would single handedly cure obesity for some gamers :P ...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:30 am

I actually watched a Kinect exhibition thingy from E3 or something and it looked kinda neat, although they didn't show its functionality for actual games, which is kind of distressing because that's kinda the main thing.

It'll probably be interesting for a few weeks and then everyone will forget it even exists, just like the Eye Toy and just like will happen to the Playstation Move.

On topic, I thought this picture was pretty fantastic from Saturday night so I thought I'd display it. It's good for showing how odd my hair/facial hair is. I've dark brown hair but a gingery beard. I don't know why.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:53 am

Hey, you're starting to look more and more like your user avatar.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:40 pm

One of my friends recently had all of the hair on his body turn from dark brown to ginger.

He blames it on our ginger teacher, who just so happens to be an absolute dick, he said he just made eye contact, and that was it... :lol:

In fact, it was The shadows inside...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:40 pm

Freshbite, if there was a like button on the Wolfire Forums I would be furiously hammering it right now.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Image
Please don't rape me.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:30 pm

HE IS SPY!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Sandurz wrote:Please don't rape me.
That thumb in the picture is going right up your...
Ragdollmaster wrote:Image

HE IS SPY!
Hahaha, I didn't actually realise that. That's well spotted. The club is called The Forum, and it's where I go most weekends. It's like this city's indie/alternative club.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:32 am

What irony. After you have done your daily strolls of forum-posting... you head on up to The Forum to let loose. Aren't we good enough for you? Image

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:01 pm

no, obviously not.

I hit up like 4 or 5 forums a day and then go do other exciting things ... like ... study :oops:

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:15 pm

Freshbite wrote:What irony. After you have done your daily strolls of forum-posting... you head on up to The Forum to let loose. Aren't we good enough for you? Image
...maybe if the Wolfire forum served tasty beer ...

just sayin'.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:12 pm

I agree, strongly...

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:37 pm

I dunno how people like drinking beer or liquor of any kind ...

I mean, i know its something you are supposed to get used to ... but im just not liking liquor yet ...

I've been drinking it for a while thinking eventually i will learn to appreciate the taste ... but every time i drink i re learn how bad alcohol is :lol: ...