Twilight

Anything else
Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Re: Twilight

Post by Blorx » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Grayswandir wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:Then perhaps they should have turned it into a series rather than a film, as was done for the critically-acclaimed anime series translation of the Bleach manga. 200 odd episodes was plenty of time to give the story its original sense of finesse and pacing,
The problem with using Bleach as an example is that its still ongoing, huge, a cash-cow, and probably isn't going to stop until people lose interest. Its a serialized manga/anime, so they'll keep it going as long as it makes money. Watchmen, on the other hand has a defined beginning, middle, and end.
*cough*hopeitlastslongenoughtonotendascrappilyasinuyashadid*cough*

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Grayswandir wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:Then perhaps they should have turned it into a series rather than a film, as was done for the critically-acclaimed anime series translation of the Bleach manga. 200 odd episodes was plenty of time to give the story its original sense of finesse and pacing,
The problem with using Bleach as an example is that its still ongoing, huge, a cash-cow, and probably isn't going to stop until people lose interest. Its a serialized manga/anime, so they'll keep it going as long as it makes money. Watchmen, on the other hand has a defined beginning, middle, and end.
I disagree completely, I really couldn't disagree anymore, the manga has a defined beginning, middle and end, and therefore once the canon story of the manga series finishes, it will be done. The way they are handling the translation is fantastic. Watchmen is too long to fit into a single movie, just as Bleach would have been. My example was the most logical one. The fact that it's ongoing has no relevance whatsoever to the aptness of the example.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:57 pm

alright, maybe I'm thinking more the anime than the manga, but they just keep it going and coming up with more and more stuff when, IMO, it really could have ended a long, long time ago. For what it is, Bleach isn't really that bad, but they really could have concluded the storyline and tied everything up really nicely a while back if they'd wanted. It feels like they're just milking it now.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:19 pm

It couldn't have ended a long time ago. The manga arc hasn't been completed. I don't exactly know why they put filler in between the original manga arcs, but I'm sure there's a reason. Besides, filler accounts for only about maybe 50 of the episodes so far. The rest is pretty true to the story.

Also, a lot of the filler in Bleach is very good quality, so I didn't mind watching through them all.

I'm on episode 200 and the only episodes I haven't liked so far have been the 5 or 6 comedy episodes. Comedy in Bleach is good as a minor aspect, but the comedy isn't enough to sustain the premise for a full episode.

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:16 am

Well, I didn´t completely read the first book but I got a clear idea about it, it´s a beautiful (not to everyone) story but it´s a bad book and I don´t really like how every evil company or book tries to create his own kind of vampires and werewolves.

NinjaRabbits

Post by NinjaRabbits » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:21 pm

You know, Stephanie Meyers just copied L. J. Smith.... (or at least that's what I think)