Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Anything else
Freshbite

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Post by Freshbite » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Well, I was referring to posts made a long time ago.
Richie Rabbit wrote:If Renegade Turner was going to be the last boss, they should give him a stick figure body with that ( >:3 ) face for his head :lol: & no!! i am not trying to be mean to Renegade I personally think he is hilarious.
invertin wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing for some reason.
Except the stickman has to be purple and speak entirely in purple.
Renegade_Turner wrote:And his voice should sound purple.

See this thread for reference.
Note: It's in the SPF, Preordered status required.
Last edited by Freshbite on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:51 pm

That link must be in the SPF. I must be the only regular forum member who can't get in there :lol:

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Given that one can call you "regular", yes. =P
And yeah, the thread do have it's roots in the SPF, sorry for not pointing that out.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Freshbite wrote:Given that one can call you "regular", yes. =P
And yeah, the thread do have it's roots in the SPF, sorry for not pointing that out.
I have over 1000 posts. I should think this gives me a regular status.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Post count has nothing to do with it. I had over 2000 posts when I went inactive for a year or so. =p

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:17 pm

I am NOT taking that discussion over here aswell, Wolf.
Blorx, however, does have somewhat high of a status.
Not because he posts alot (eventhough he does that aswell), it's mostly because he has been engaging and creative in the community for a long time.

-- BACK TO TOPIC --

Hey Ren, as far as I know, you've been playing the multiplayer quite a lot.
However, have you had time to play trough the campaign yet?
I thought it was quite simple, really. There was hardly any difference in difficulty between Normal and Hard mode.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:46 pm

Well, see, I WAS playing through the campaign oh-so-dilligently with an intention to commence multiplayer awesomeness upon the campaign's completion, but then Ben (Grayswandir), THE BASTARD, was messaging me over XBox 360 about something about not blowing up houses...then after that I realised he was online and playing the multiplayer. Upon realising this, I found it irresistible to join the game he was in to see what multiplayer was like. I haven't gone back to the single player since...I enjoyed it thoroughly while I was though.

DogzOnFire

There's my new stats. If you'll notice, Recon is the only kit letting me down...

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:54 pm

The same story happened to me, sort of. A friend of mine finished the game while I was still playing trough the big desert map and he told me to join him in a multiplayer game.

I haven't played the Singleplayer since.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Single player was pretty fun, but yeah multiplayer is where it is.

Man, I still can't drive the helicopters worth a damn. I can use all the other vehicles just fine. They can be used awesomely in Rush though, just strafe around a building housing an M-COM a few times and you can just blow out all the walls, collapsing the building.

...Blowing up Tanks is awesome. This one guy saw me run around a building and drove the tank after me and stuck the barrel down the alley way right as I threw two C4 sticks directly onto the cannon and then set it off right as he was trying to eject out. Unfortunately for him, he ejected right under the barrel.

...Or when R_T jumped off a building, threw some C4 at a camper, blew him up and then died from the fall.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:05 pm

Grayswandir wrote:...Or when R_T jumped off a building, threw some C4 at a camper, blew him up and then died from the fall.
That's timing right there.
...should've landed on another guy and take him out aswell.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Well...you can pull out your parachute from really short distances, just double tap the jump button.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:09 am

Yes, this is technically a "necro-post", but I didn't think this needed a new thread for itself.
The new Onslaught mode was released yesterday. No new maps, all the maps have been redesigned for this mode. Also, if you haven't been playing (on the xbox 360) for the past month, there's a new 400mb update for the game as well.

Onslaught mode is basically 4-player coop for Rush mode where you fight against waves of enemy AI. I say Rush mode because, while yes, you have to capture flags, you only have to do it once, and it doesn't seem to be required to keep control of the flag. Its pretty fun, and unless you have people who work together, you tend to die really, really, fast. The AI isn't the greatest in the world, but there's lots of them, so sticking together and using a variety of classes works wonders in surviving. Screw you AI controlled attack helicopter. Screw you.

The game mode is 800 MS points on XBL and about $10 on PSN.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:06 am

Yeah that Havoc chopper kept decimating us. The times when you actually survive the onslaught (lol) of soldiers attacking you are very rewarding, real sense of achievement, especially since I was drunk when we were playing. I felt like the shit. Those tanks and helicopters really fuck you up though, especially since they don't seem to miss much. Also, those Recon units, don't get close to them. Getting too near a Recon with an M95 is a big mistake, you're dead.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:00 pm

It would be nice if our had team chosen something other than Engineer, we kept having to respawn and kept running out of ammo.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:29 am

Just too tempting to go Engineer with Tracer Dart Gun and RPG-7 to take down those fucking birds in the sky.