Wha?

Anything else
Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:25 am

Uhhh? o.o
Nice ones.

Can anybody tell me the meaning of mine?
Cause it sounds neat.

Ovaltine
Over-enthusiastic zoo patron

Post by Ovaltine » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:44 pm

bob wrote:actually we were trying to come up with a name for you, along with Crill3, but nothing came to mind. It was actually quite amusing, I had like 10 posts by you up at once trying to notice a personality characteristic to poke fun at. More titles to come when my creativity strikes.
Why do I get the feeling that it took you practically no effort at all to come up with mine?

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:54 pm

it actually took a significant amount of effort to come up with yours. While you have a very distinct personality it was quite difficult to put it in words. Jeff had a moment of genius while reading your first post in http://wolfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1004.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:20 pm

Nuky wrote:Uhhh? o.o
Nice ones.

Cause it sounds neat.
Well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutonium
I am guessing they got this from your name, Nuky -> Nuke -> Plutonium.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:22 pm

Nuky wrote:Uhhh? o.o
Nice ones.

Cause it sounds neat.
Think about it...Nuky (Nu-key) or something like that...right? THE BOMBS OF DOOM ARE COMING!!! DUCK AND COVER!!!! SQUEE!!!
Nuclear weapons use plutonium (If I'm wrong...well you get the idea...yeah...)...now the big question is...is Nuky radioactive?

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:55 pm

Nuclear weapons usually use uranium, but they could also use plutonium, which is like 100x more radioactive and lethal.

Ovaltine

Post by Ovaltine » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:57 pm

bob wrote:it actually took a significant amount of effort to come up with yours. While you have a very distinct personality it was quite difficult to put it in words. Jeff had a moment of genius while reading your first post in http://wolfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1004.

Haha! Yeah.. I'm pretty cool.

Oh! For you, Wordnet has several definitions for the noun "bob":

The noun bob has 7 meanings:

Meaning #1: a former monetary unit in Great Britain
Synonyms: British shilling, shilling

Meaning #2: a hair style for women and children; a short haircut all around

Meaning #3: a long racing sled (for 2 or more people) with a steering mechanism
Synonyms: bobsled, bobsleigh

Meaning #4: a hanging weight, especially a metal ball on a string

Meaning #5: a small float usually made of cork; attached to a fishing line
Synonyms: bobber, cork, bobfloat

Meaning #6: a short or shortened tail of certain animals
Synonyms: bobtail, dock

Meaning #7: a short abrupt inclination (as of the head)

Oh, or another idea unrelated to "Bob"; as you are pretty much in third command around here: Jannet Reno.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:15 pm

Ovaltine wrote:Oh, or another idea unrelated to "Bob"; as you are pretty much in third command around here: Jannet Reno.
I want to clarify one thing before I move on to the subject of this post; I have almost not power in Wolfire Software, in fact any that I do have comes entirely from living with Jeff and the influence over him that our friendship entails. I have no direct powers to control anything related to Wolfire Software, it's forums or anything which could be construed to be related to Wolfire Software.

Now to bussiness:

Very funny definitions of Bob, although my username comes from the name "Bob", short for Robert. I chose this as my forum name because 'Eric", my real name, was already taken by some jackass who has never once made a post on the forums, and by the time I realized it might be possible for Jeff or any other administrator to give me the name anyways I had made myself known as "bob." Now some of you are probably very confused on how Bob came about, but in all honesty I can't explain it. Bob is a name I have used for various things over the past 5 or 10 years. My laptop's name is Bob, in most first person shooters my player name is Bob. Back to your definitions; Meaning #3 seems incorrect to me, there is one man bobsled, so why does it say that a bobsled is for 2 or more people. Now that you are all entirely lost in my rambling I am going to end this post without coming to any real point, since I didn't have anything super useful to say from the start :).

One last note that I just realized came off kinda funny, especially with my location ( <-- ). Jeff and I have a completely heterosexual relationship, my bed was his bed last year so it is true to say that I sleep in his bed (or a bed that was his).

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:21 am

Hmm. 0_o
Should have figured I wouldn't get one... -grumble grumble-
Eh. I probably would have got one like "Almighty ass-nugget" or something.

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:14 am

charming

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:58 pm

Ha ha, Albab. You could have one like "half a glass full of cynic." Get it, half a glass full, an oxymoron as opposed to half a glass empty.
We are all curious about our titles. So tell me Bob, Jeff how did I get my title? I don't remember delivering any of your guy's mail lately.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:54 am

Yours is actually one of the few complimentary titles. Both Jeff and I felt your posts were very thorough and well thought out. They have a good point and you make it well, with good support for what you say. As for how that transformed to "The Postman" I am not entirely sure, and the fact that I am tired as hell right now probably isn't aiding my memory.

Ovaltine

Post by Ovaltine » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:04 pm

I meant like, third in power in the threads, silly! Chya, totally, you're Jannet Reno.

Even if it's not your title, that's what I'm calling you from now on.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:56 pm

'sup with my title? I don't get the joke, if there is one.

Vib Rib
Lugaru da Vinci

Post by Vib Rib » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:00 am

Your title is continued off Albab's title.