My Little Pony - Friendship Is Magic

Anything else
Ragdollmaster

Re: My Little Pony - Friendship Is Magic

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:51 am

Bulletstorm's pretty coo', I was kind of worried after playing the demo that it might get a bit gimmicky, but most people I've talked to say it's pretty replayable.

Oh, and multiplayer. I can't wait to play multiplayer in it :V

Back on topic: PONIES.

zoidberg rules

Re:

Post by zoidberg rules » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:51 am

Zhukov wrote:But then the characters go back to threatening to kill each other's dicks
This is the line that has made up my mind. I am geting Bulletstorm once I've bought my new Xbox.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Grayswandir wrote:... The closest I've gotten to something like it is Powerpuff Girls ...
Apparently whomever it was who made this cartoon also had a hand in the powerpuff girls ... so that could be it :P ...

Also for those pony haters:

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:36 pm

I will now watch this show, just because he likes them! :lol:

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:47 pm

I know that the pony in the picture is Pinkie Pie, but who is Seth Green?

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:03 pm

I don't know if I'm just missing out on a silly joke, but these are some achievements of his:
Wikipedia Page
IMDb Page

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Seth Green is just kinda a zany actor who gets hired for shit parts in movies and is kinda a geek:

Although I've watched some of his robot chicken comicon panels ... they're generally hilarious if you watch the show.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:49 am

Not really watched that much Robot Chicken, he's also the voice of Chris in family guy. Also, Joker in Mass Effect (I couldn't not know that!) and he was in Scooby Doo 2 (Which I am slightly embarassed to say I like, even at 16 years old...)

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:44 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:Also, Joker in Mass Effect (I couldn't not know that!)
I haven't played, watched or seen any of those, so at first I thought the Batman villain makes a cameo in Mass Effect. It looks like this isn't the case. I'm disappointed.

Any way, let's talk about ponies. Here's a link to the Skyrim trailer parody, which makes ponies EPIC.

Here's another nice one. Ponies (Twilight and Pinkie, to be exact), set to the tune of the Pinky and the Brain intro (from Animaniacs etc).

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re:

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Zhukov wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:Bulletstorm is apparently such amazingly ridiculous fun. I played a bit of the demo and I'm intrigued to see the full product. Having said that, it could be unrewarding and hollow, but I have a lot of faith in it being amazing.
Well, for what it's worth, I am certainly enjoying the hell out of it. It only came out a couple of weeks ago and I'm already on my third playthrough.

I mean, how many other shooters let me kick my enemies into giant venus flytraps? Or give me a gun that shoots giant drills? Or grant me extra points for suspending an enemy in mid air with an exploding hotdog stand, then shooting him in the crotch with a guided sniper round? Huh? Huh?

My one and only real complaint is the way the story tries to get all serious every now and then. It really doesn't work. But then the characters go back to threatening to kill each other's dicks, so I think I can forgive the game for the occasional instance of tonal whiplash.

Personally, I think Bulletstorm is exactly the kind of kick up the arse that the FPS genre needed. Although, whether said kick actually has any effect is another story...
I am literally shocked and somewhat taken aback that you, of all people, love a game like Bulletstorm...I thought I had you sussed as someone who prizes games with intelligent engaging storylines, filled with cleverly disguised social commentary and so on...I'm pleasantly surprised by your openness to variety. I'm delighted. Forgive me if this seemed brass, but sometimes you can seem like a killjoy when I'm excited about playing certain games by being so brutally honest and critical in your opinions. :[

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:27 pm

And how exactly is that related to ponies?

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Ummm....

Ponies are cool, and so is Bulletstorm?

Is that good enough?

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:57 pm

Fair enough.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:29 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I am literally shocked and somewhat taken aback that you, of all people, love a game like Bulletstorm...I thought I had you sussed as someone who prizes games with intelligent engaging storylines, filled with cleverly disguised social commentary and so on...I'm pleasantly surprised by your openness to variety. I'm delighted. Forgive me if this seemed brass, but sometimes you can seem like a killjoy when I'm excited about playing certain games by being so brutally honest and critical in your opinions. :[
Ha! If I were to restrict myself to games with "intelligent engaging storylines, filled with cleverly disguised social commentary" then I would soon find myself in need of a new hobby.

I like Bulletstorm because it has no pretensions. It's a stubbornly unintelligent and completely over-the-top action game with undertones of self parody. That's how it was presented and that's how it plays. And, most of the time, it's not trying to be anything more then that. So I like it.
What I hate is when a game tries to be intelligent and engaging but ends up producing nothing but turgid drivel (why hello there Black Ops). Those are the games that I end up throwing in the bin without a second thought (goodbye Black Ops). Or to put it another way, monkeys should restrict themselves to the flinging of feces and leave the writing to authors.

As for being a killjoy, well... there's nothing wrong with having high standards.

PS. Just to show I haven't gone soft, I hereby predict that Homefront is going to be complete arse.

PPS. I got bitten by a pony once. The adorable little bastard drew blood. It hurt.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:23 am

I may have said this somewhere here before, but I akin Bulletstorm to how children learn how awesome it is to burn ants alive with a magnifying glass and poke roadkill.