What Games Do You Play Nowadays?

Anything else
leDoOd
What custom title?

What Games Do You Play Nowadays?

Post by leDoOd » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:24 am

I remember I made a topic about what games you used to play... so what games do you guys play now?

I'm hooked on Counter Strike Source at the moment, and I play through Half Life 2 whenever I feel like I really need it. To be honest, it's a fun game, but it gets really frustrating and dull after a while, like in the part with the sentry guns at Nova Prospekt that takes a billion tries to finish. I can't wait for Half Life 2: Episode One!

I'm also playing Guild Wars from time to time, though that's only when I'm extremely bored and I feel the need to do excessive fetch quests... mostly if I feel the need to play an RPG, I play Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is the best RPG I've ever played.

I also do Warcraft 3 and the Frozen Throne if I want to do something like Line Tower Wars, but the campaign in that is too boring and regular online matches aren't very fun because I always get crushed. :D

I tried the Sims 2 for a while, but it didn't really click with me. Micromanaging every aspect of a person's life isn't really easy, and it's also not really fun in my opinion.

There's also another game... Thinktanks, it's called. I play that one only if I'm completely bored of everything else, because the people on it aren't very nice and it's boring anyways.

And who can forget Lugaru! I play that one whenever, because the demo never gets old... I still have yet to purchase it, but I think I'll hold on that until I see Lugaru 2. :P

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:51 am

I play a bunch of games, but in order of frequency:

Lugaru and UT2004 are about even,
Halo,
Black & White, as well as the expansion pack, Creature Isle, a cool RPG game where you play as a god and get a huge creature.
Enigmo 2, by Pangea software, is another ineteresting puzzle game.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:12 am

None at the moment. I used to play Oblivion, but got bored and annoyed a week ago for several reasons.

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:16 am

I had to forefit gaming for a while - I used to play Solitare frequently, and got sick of it.
The new Lugaru campaign was a nice distraction for a couple days.

Will be back into heavy gaming as soon as summer comes by, or when I freak out and decide to finally get "Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault"

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:34 pm

rudel_ic wrote:None at the moment. I used to play Oblivion, but got bored and annoyed a week ago for several reasons.
Ditto.

Madfrenzy

Post by Madfrenzy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:18 pm

im not currently playing anything so much... but i AM drooling after Dungeon Runners

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:43 pm

none really. If anything I play Lugaru, on the second to last level of Silb's campaign on insane.

hdlsa
fruit salad

Re: What Games Do You Play Nowadays?

Post by hdlsa » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:08 pm

leDoOd wrote:I'm hooked on Counter Strike Source at the moment, and I play through Half Life 2 whenever I feel like I really need it. To be honest, it's a fun game, but it gets really frustrating and dull after a while, like in the part with the sentry guns at Nova Prospekt that takes a billion tries to finish. I can't wait for Half Life 2: Episode One!
Go download SMOD for HL2. It doesn't add any levels, but it does add bullet time where you can see and dodge bullets, kicking, a SHIT LOAD of new guns, new physic options, new effects and a ton of other cool stuff. Go download it at http://www.geocities.jp/faster_down/smod_bak/
Jeff wrote:
rudel_ic wrote:None at the moment. I used to play Oblivion, but got bored and annoyed a week ago for several reasons.
Ditto.
Same with me.

P.S. I'm looking to start a new World of Warcraft character on any PvP server so if you are rich, send me a PM and hook me up

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:22 pm

^ Can you please tell me how to download it... I really cbf to learn any asian language at the moment.

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:36 pm

Download This

Then extract this and this into the main folder.
To just mess around with the new content, download and play this map

I'll pm you some cool console commands to use with it too.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:38 am

Wait, where do I extract the main files? To the Gmod folder, or to the SourceMods folder?
Gimme a walkthrough... I'm not good at intuitioning things.

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:05 am

Extract the first folder into the sourcemods folder. If you get an message asking if you want to replace files while extracting the other downloads, hit yes. If the mod doesn't show up in the steam window after you finish extracting everything, quit steam then reopen it.

Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Post by Nazgul11 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:37 pm

I've been playing Battlefield 2 a lot, with the xpack and booster pack. Great game online.

The Battle for Middle Earth 2 bigtime! :D Love strategy games, and this one is great.

Lugaru of course, every now and then, since I've already beaten everything. (except for challenge 14 :x)

Some Halo 2, and others, but that is pretty much whats going on right now for me. 8)

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:56 pm

Go get Guild Wars! It's really fun, and you don't have to pay a monthly fee like World of Warcraft. Then I can gloat about what I'm doing on it and it would make sense at least to one person! :D

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:33 pm

Ok, these are the games I have recently played and have access to.

Battlefield 2, I stayed up all night playing that game, from about 11:00 pm to 10:00 am, and from around 9 pm to 11 pm I played nothing but Oblivion and Lugaru.
I've also recently purchased Bothers in Arms:Earned in Blood, that game is hard, I beat it, but uh, it's still fun.
Battlefield 2, The Elder Scrolls:Oblivion, Lugaru...
And then I got Fable:Lost Chapters, Black and White 2, Command & Conquer Generals:Zero Hour, Call of Duty 2, F.E.A.R. (which I know, after beating it once, I don't feel inclined to beat it anymore, and multiplayer is very Laggy), Half-Life 2/Counter Strike, Farcry (along with Xbox's Instincts), Deus-Ex, Hitman:Agent 47, Starship Troopers, Sims 2, and Return to Castle Wolfenstien:Enemy Territory along with America's Army (if that actually counts).