Post by Darber » Tue May 09, 2006 8:55 pm

Here the announcment trailer for halo 3. It looks really awsome

http://rapidshare.de/files/20051733/h3_ ... l.mov.html

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Tue May 09, 2006 9:00 pm

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... _small.mov

^Faster, less hassle link.

To be honest, it looks like Halo 2 with bloom lighting and less framerate. I know they're still working on it, but you shouldn't show a trailer unless there's something to hype, which there isn't.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue May 09, 2006 10:18 pm

Awesome, we get back the Master Chief.

It's cool cuz this time it looks like he actually gets to use his old assault rifle again. Not those stupid machine pistols you have to duel with, man dueling was retarded in that game. This one looks like it will go back to the original cool weapons (and I'm not talking about Marathon either), well only because it showed that assault rifle, man I loved those guns.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue May 09, 2006 10:40 pm

Ok, Halo 3 is actually being released in 2007 (ha ha, no crap it said in the trailer), but the thing that was cool, was that this part was happening in real time. Here's Gamespot's actual coverage of this live event.
The demo shifted away from the crater to the part of the level you see the Master Chief walking in from. He was controllable, which means that the trailer indicates just how good the game will look. Lehto was able to zoom in on the Master Chief with the camera, and you could see the many different ways light reflected objects onto him. For example, you could see light reflect off the ground and onto his armor. A new materials system shows the difference between his armor and the rubber undersuit. It's so detailed that if you bring the camera close to the Master Chief's visor, you see everything in front of him reflected in it, right down to the ammo counter in his rifle.
This makes the trailer more impressive. It's an actual point in the game where you can control the player during movies, even zoom in. The reflections got a boost too, this whole thing is comparing right up to Lugaru 2 (Ha ha ha! No it's not, nothing beats Lugaru 2).

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Sun May 14, 2006 1:51 pm

Still, it's just an annoncement trailer. You can't make any claims on the quality of the game.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:27 pm

GODDAMNIT! It's only for the 360! Bungie reaaaallly sold out! Halo 1 was gonna be an amazing mac game, possibly even Marathon 4! Before that all their games were mac, but then Microsoft singed a contract with them, so it would only be on Xbox! It only even got ported to PC because of Gearbox! (And to mac through MacPlay) Anyone remember Age of Empires 1 or 2? they were PC & Mac friendly, but then Age of Empires 3 suddenly became a "Microsoft Game Studios" game, and we'll have to wait five years for it to be ported to mac! Lessee, what else did Microsoft steal, oh yeah, the entire mac operating system! Microsoft is just a pathetic clone of Apple, and steals it's games! And now Freeverse is making "Totemball" for the 360! STOP STEALING OUR GAMES YOU DIRTY BASTARDS!

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:49 pm

Why is every single one of your posts an attempt to start a flamewar?

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:42 pm

I was told to move to the forums cuz' I'm too "Non-linear" in the blogs.
And you can't deny the fact that windows steals our games.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:47 pm

Lessee, what else did Microsoft steal, oh yeah, the entire mac operating system! Microsoft is just a pathetic clone of Apple
It all gets down to Alan Kay, he invented all this. All operating systems nowadays are Smalltalk clones. No stealing involved though.

Microsoft doesn't steal those games, they buy the studios. Doesn't have anything to do with stealing, whether you like it or not.

Edit: We don't like trolls here. Please behave. I just read your posts on the blog and it looked like you were trying to heat up the discussion FTW.

Try to use a less suggestive and aggressive tone, that would help :wink:

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:55 pm

"Microsoft doesn't steal those games, they buy the studios"

I guess they're not so bad after all! they don't steal games, they buy out entire mac publishers!

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:16 pm

They have indeed bought some studios and let them die... And then borrowed the code later. It's business, but yeah. Microsoft is doing some nasty stuff. But uncle billy is resigning, am I wrong? Perhaps it will get better soon as there's the new dude?

But... I've seen Halo 1 for mac in the "local" mac store. What do you mean it *would be* a good game for mac?

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:25 pm

Becuzz, Bungie originally intended it to be only for Mac, and it would've been really innovative, and addicting, as most OMGs are. But instead, it got turned into a stupid Xbox generic first-person-shooter.

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:56 pm

It would have been the same game no matter what system it was launched on. It was innovative and addicting, why do you think it became so popular.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:50 pm

hdlsa wrote:It would have been the same game no matter what system it was launched on. It was innovative and addicting, why do you think it became so popular.
Maybe because it was massively hyped and most people got it with their Xbox?

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:54 pm

I think it was more than hype that made it the best selling game on xbox.