Movies

Anything else
Assaultman67

Re: Movies

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:18 pm

I saw "Ghandi" ... He totally kicked some british ass ...

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:00 pm

It's Gandhi

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:14 pm

rudel_ic wrote:It's Gandhi
meh ...

My incapability of spelling Gandhi does not change the fact he kicked ass :P

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:06 am

I'll probably go see The Last Airbender.

I bought a DVD of Gandhi on Friday, but it didn't play on the DVD player so I'll have to see it later on my computer.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:28 am

I don't know what to expect from The Last Airbender... Could be good, but I'm wary of any film adaptations of anything.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:16 am

I'll probably enjoy The Last Airbender more than I liked Avatar.
Seeing as The Last Airbender is a film adaption of the cartoon series called Avatar, I think it's pretty sad that the original name is already taken.

Avatar was overrated. The one with giant Smurfs, that is.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:36 am

i am on large amounts of ketamine. i just recently saw "get him to the greek!" and i must say it was quite pleasing.

i went in thinking it would gonna be shitty, but hey i was wrong. what a pleasant surprise!

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:33 am

underthedeep wrote:emma stone was REEEEAAAAAlllly hot.
Thank you UTD!! I said exactly the same thing to Teh Lang, and he didn't agree!

(Sorry for the quote from page 2 guys, just started reading this thread, got to that comment, had to say something :? )

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:33 pm

invertin wrote:I don't know what to expect from The Last Airbender... Could be good, but I'm wary of any film adaptations of anything.
The Shining.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Super Mario Brothers.

Eragon.

Alone in the Dark...

Radu

Post by Radu » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Sandurz wrote:I saw Prince of Persia last night with my gf. It wasn't at all like POTC. It was more like bad romance + bad comedy + bad action scenes (seriously, it wasn't even action, just a bunch of sound effects and angle switches, /headache) all bundled into the title of a great game.
I don't know why but something yelled Uwe Boll in my mind after i read what you wrote.
Can't touch that.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Donnie Darko is one of my favorite movies of all time. One of the few that have actually made me cry a bit too. Kinda a little late to be saying that but oh well.
I watched The Truman Show for the first time recently as well, can't believe it took me so long to watch it. It was great but I don't know how to describe it. The basic premise is that the main character is on a giant reality show with his life being manipulated the entire time, and he is finally figuring it out. If that sounds interesting at all you should watch it because my description does not give it's awesomeness justice.
As for new movies I saw Get Him to the Greek the other day. It was good, mostly in a stupid-drug-comedy way but I enjoyed it. If you liked Forgetting Sarah Marshall or the rest of his movies you'll like it.
Also, next on my to watch list is Unforgiven, which I'll probably watch tonight. Red Dead Redemption sparked my interest into westerns. If it's good enough I'll put a small review here the next chance I get. I also have had Eraserhead downloaded for awhile, I plan on watching it eventually but I feel like I need to be in the right mood for it, if that makes sense.
Another thing, it's not a movie but I'm finally getting around to watching Doctor Who now. I'm on episode 4 of series 1 now. It's pretty damn good.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Radu wrote:
Sandurz wrote:I saw Prince of Persia last night with my gf. It wasn't at all like POTC. It was more like bad romance + bad comedy + bad action scenes (seriously, it wasn't even action, just a bunch of sound effects and angle switches, /headache) all bundled into the title of a great game.
I don't know why but something yelled Uwe Boll in my mind after i read what you wrote.
Can't touch that.
Is this good or bad?

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:44 pm

Uwe Boll can make good movies. It's just that all of them are game adaptions. That have nothing to do with the original games.

For example, Hitman was actually a good film. It's just that it took a dump on 47's backstory and gave him a love interest even though he's asexual.

TadMod

Post by TadMod » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:45 am

Robin Hood was great, good acting, music, action... a good summer blockbuster :D