2011 Internet Winner

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: 2011 Internet Winner

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri May 27, 2011 4:51 am

This is because of the automatic reflex of the human mind to be a dickhead to people who can't see or do anything to them.

Anyway, my experiences are not like that. Me and my friend Paddy Bourke are quite often getting in discussions, debates and arguments on Facebook, and with a considerable amount of passion. But he's one of my best friends, and even in person we have massive arguments over things like politics and football, and politics in football, and why I think politics shouldn't be anything to do with football. And other things, but a lot of the time it's about that. We once had an argument about Iron Maiden too because he said they were all unionist pricks based on a claim that they burnt an Irish flag on stage...although there's never been any actual photos or video footage of it. That's another story anyway.

TL,DR: if I argue with people on Facebook, I argue with them in person too.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Fri May 27, 2011 7:38 pm

That's probably because you're mature enough to only argue when there's something to argue about. I'm 15, and naturally I have many other friends of similar age. I see exactly what zoid was saying all the time, one person will comment something completely asinine and uncalled for on someone's status, and a huge and ferocious swear-war will ensue for about 20 comments. I've been in one myself, but that's only because this asshole in my class (who I argue with IRL) was being a dick to this girl just because she dumped him, because he was an asshole. Of course, few people want to get punched in the face, so this doesn't happen outside of FB. It's worse when everyone's anonymous.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat May 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:54 am

Haha, Grayswandir where do you find this stuff?!?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun May 29, 2011 2:17 pm

The Internet is a vast and terrible place full of strange and illogical things.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Mon May 30, 2011 2:04 am

That girl just won second place Internet. :D