My Indie Game: Fimbulvetr

Anything else
Korban3

Re: My Indie Game: Fimbulvetr

Post by Korban3 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:11 am

This game, while not the style that I enjoy most, is pretty cool to see develop. It's also interesting because I just started up my own game project. The base combat you have is similar to what I have in mind, but mine is much earlier in development though, as I just got collisions and basic animation done. Doesn't have flashy graphics, but they're not terrible. Better than the placeholders I'm using. The storyline sounds like it should be fun though.
I wouldn't mind doing a little pixel art here and there for you though. I won't be moving to prettier art for a little while, so if you have any sketches or general ideas for arts you need, you can shoot me a post here or e-mail me. E-mail is [email protected] . You can also catch me on deviantArt as Korban3. Keep up the hard work.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:15 am

I am going to spam the hell out of your e-mail until you block me. :twisted:
Just kidding, I'll sell it to an angry mob of Alaskan children. They will find you. And they will- ***connection interrupted***

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Awww shit.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Last time I checked there were no mobs of angry children up here.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:32 pm

That sounds hilarious. Can you send me that script? I'll cut it down to like 40 or so, since I'll only troll friends.

SouthpawHare

Post by SouthpawHare » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Hello everyone! It's been a while, but rest-assured, I've been hard at work getting lots of feedback and making lots of additions to Fimbulvetr. Finally, I have a Gameplay Demonstration Video ready - one that shows a "real" (loosely used term) match between a friend and I as we show all the features, new and old, and how the game might look in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ejei3hhpz4

Not only that, but a new executable version of the game is also available for download.

http://code.google.com/p/fimbulvetr/downloads/list

As always, please note the unfinished and experimental nature of the game - I don't claim that this is at all a "complete" game just because I'm submitting a "release". Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy trying it out, and I am always looking for tons of comments and feedback! Thank you again for everyone's interest!

Egan

Post by Egan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:18 am

awesome. 8)

SouthpawHare

Post by SouthpawHare » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Egan wrote:awesome. 8)
Thanks a lot for taking a look. If you have any further feedback of any sort, I'm always interested. I'm looking for any and all comments and criticism I can get - the more, the better!

ashleywinglet

Post by ashleywinglet » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:08 am

Hey SouthpawHare.
Thanks for providing the link.It is so awesome.

SouthpawHare

Post by SouthpawHare » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:55 pm

ashleywinglet wrote:Hey SouthpawHare.
Thanks for providing the link.It is so awesome.
Heh, but of course. I'm glad you like it! :D

I have some big improvements coming in the near future, so stay tuned. This is going to be an ever-evolving project for a very long time :)

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:26 pm

I wouldn't mind doing some basic map tiles that can be used in a tile constructor if you want a quick and easy way to make the maps a bit less, well, blobby.

SouthpawHare

Post by SouthpawHare » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:17 pm

Uberbeard wrote:I wouldn't mind doing some basic map tiles that can be used in a tile constructor if you want a quick and easy way to make the maps a bit less, well, blobby.
Ordinarily, up to about two weeks ago, I would have gladly accepted, as I've been looking for an artist to help me with such a thing for a long time. However, I've actually found one recently, and map graphics are one of the things that have already been substantially improved since then. Along with some new interface changes, you'll get to check it all out soon with the next video and release. Thanks anyways, though - I really appreciate the offer.

SouthpawHare

Post by SouthpawHare » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMBndxdyABU

Hello, everyone! I'm back with a new update, and a video showing it all off. I've made a lot of changes graphically, both to the user interface (through lots of suggestions and feedback) as well as to purely aesthetic portions of the map portion. In the video I also discuss my new plan for doing updates - much smaller, more frequently and regular updates, with a new video approximately once per week detailing the progress I've made over that week. Finally, the video includes a full-on local LAN match between my two friends, so you can see the current product in action.

As always, I appreciate any and all comments, suggestions, criticisms, notes, snarky asides, just popping in to say hi, discussion, banter, or what have you.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:24 pm

I got on here and was all excited to see your new update. I'm loving the concept behind Fimbulvetr.
Your new GUI looks good and it does seem more intuitive. Maybe, later, you could have a mini-portrait of the character you are selecting next to their selection bar. Not exactly crucial to design, but it'd add some visual interest to each character.
Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see those newer updates come rolling out. They're always fun to see.

SouthpawHare

Post by SouthpawHare » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Korban3 wrote:I got on here and was all excited to see your new update. I'm loving the concept behind Fimbulvetr.
Your new GUI looks good and it does seem more intuitive. Maybe, later, you could have a mini-portrait of the character you are selecting next to their selection bar. Not exactly crucial to design, but it'd add some visual interest to each character.
Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see those newer updates come rolling out. They're always fun to see.
Thanks a lot for your continued support, Korban. It means a lot to me to see people who like the concept and the work that I've done. If you have the opportunity, anything you can do to spread the word can help and would be very appreciated; awareness of my videos is still woefully low at the moment. If you can help spread the YouTube links and get people to leave comments on them, it would make me a very overjoyed man :D