PS3
36%
X360
64%

Total votes: 28

Ragdollmaster

Re: PS3 or X360?

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:14 am

Hopefully you're being sarcastic, because that's about the stupidest argument I've ever seen on this forum... and I've seen plenty of stupid arguments.

Precastwig

Post by Precastwig » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:24 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:Hopefully you're being sarcastic, because that's about the stupidest argument I've ever seen on this forum... and I've seen plenty of stupid arguments.
Only if you dont have any friends. ;P
In my eyes, Ps3 is better for movies / single player games whereas xbox 360 is a better social console.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:46 am

I just don't think that's a very significant feature, and I probably wouldn't even use it. Voice chat, in my mind, is more for better cooperation in team-based modes and for mocking the other team when you do good. If I wanted to call my friends, I'd do so... on a phone. Or Skype. Or anything, really.

As for as social experience goes, except for cross-game chat (which I don't give two flying shits about), I'd say they're more or less on par.

Precastwig

Post by Precastwig » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:11 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:I just don't think that's a very significant feature, and I probably wouldn't even use it. Voice chat, in my mind, is more for better cooperation in team-based modes and for mocking the other team when you do good. If I wanted to call my friends, I'd do so... on a phone. Or Skype. Or anything, really.

As for as social experience goes, except for cross-game chat (which I don't give two flying shits about), I'd say they're more or less on par.
Well i disagree completely. All my friends that have Ps3 exclusively play single player games and hate that there is no cross game chat. Also, It is EXTREMELY USEFUL, You dont know what you're missing. The only reason i would think you wouldn't use it if you had less that 2 friends that you play with / talk to on a regular basis, if you have a group of friends who all play on the same console on different games and you all just want to chat then you can, yes you can use skype but some people might not have there ps3/console next to their computer.
TL;DR You're wrong. ;P (I kid i kid)

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:38 pm

Most of the people at my school have PS3 and play multiplayer almost exclusively. I'm one of the few who alternates between multiplayer and singleplayer. Also:

http://www.amazon.com/40-Best-PS3-Exclu ... CY2BKNCFD8

Your argument is now utterly invalid. There's maybe 2 or 3 on there that aren't that impressive, but for the most part, those games are pretty much why I got a PS3. The top 10 especially.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:12 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:LOL! Didn't they redesign it so that if it gets too hot, it just shuts down?
Mine did that the other day, but it's one of the original models. While mine is an original model, after sending it for one maintenance, it hasn't ever given me any of the error rings since. About 3 years later. But because mine's a later model, maybe it was on one of those system updates they send over XBox Live...I dunno, can they do that kind of thing? Change some setting through an update so that the temperature in the console is a trigger for an automatic shutdown.
Ragdollmaster wrote:I just don't think that's a very significant feature, and I probably wouldn't even use it. Voice chat, in my mind, is more for better cooperation in team-based modes and for mocking the other team when you do good. If I wanted to call my friends, I'd do so... on a phone. Or Skype. Or anything, really.
You, Sir, have not been playing your online games correctly. Ben can testify to this. I had a game of Bad Company 2 the other day where all the other three members of my four-man squad had voice chat. We were co-ordinating tactics over our headsets, spotting enemies verbally, things like that. I never have more fun on a console than I do at times like that.
Ragdollmaster wrote:http://www.amazon.com/40-Best-PS3-Exclu ... CY2BKNCFD8

Your argument is now utterly invalid. There's maybe 2 or 3 on there that aren't that impressive, but for the most part, those games are pretty much why I got a PS3. The top 10 especially.
Most of those are sequels to other games. In fact, the top three are thhe same game...

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
You, Sir, have not been playing your online games correctly. Ben can testify to this. I had a game of Bad Company 2 the other day where all the other three members of my four-man squad had voice chat. We were co-ordinating tactics over our headsets, spotting enemies verbally, things like that. I never have more fun on a console than I do at times like that.
Ragdollmaster wrote:Voice chat, in my mind, is more for better cooperation in team-based modes
That is exactly what I just said. He was talking about cross-game chat. I use voice chat for cooperation with friends and strangers all the time. That's kind of what it's meant for :lol:
Renegade_Turner wrote: Most of those are sequels to other games. In fact, the top three are thhe same game...
That changes their quality... how, exactly?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:08 pm

I don't know how that list of PS3 exclusives makes someone's argument invalid. I could post a list of the top 40 Xbox 360 exclusive games and say that it makes your argument invalid, but it still wouldn't change anyone's opinion.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:50 am

Sarcasm. Lrn2. :P I would've figured it's obvious since it had absolutely nothing to do with what he was saying about cross-game chat.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:17 pm

You're beginning to turn into a less effective version of what I used to be.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:30 pm

I don't know if I should be offended or offended.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Little from column A, little from column B...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:04 pm

You should be ashamed.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:37 pm

I think you're trolling me about my trolling since I wasn't actually trolling.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:22 pm

No, of course not. :roll: