What class would you take?

Anything else
h2ostra

Re: What class would you take?

Post by h2ostra » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:29 am

Grayswandir wrote:Take Philosophy 101. Awesome class. Yeah. You sit in this giant auditorium while the professor talks for two hours. And you take tests. And then he talks some more while you take notes Then you take more tests. I dropped the class the first day, that's how awesome it is.
so this class sucks because there are tests and lectures? I will try to avoid classes that involve those elements.

johndh

Post by johndh » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:39 am

Assaultman67 wrote: I can't help but wonder if that is a stab at the way I post.
I don't know anyone around here well enough to formulate any personal attacks like that. :lol:

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:08 am

h2ostra wrote:
Grayswandir wrote:Take Philosophy 101. Awesome class. Yeah. You sit in this giant auditorium while the professor talks for two hours. And you take tests. And then he talks some more while you take notes Then you take more tests. I dropped the class the first day, that's how awesome it is.
so this class sucks because there are tests and lectures? I will try to avoid classes that involve those elements.
No, the class sucked because ALL there was was tests and lectures. Which the professor specifically warned us about. No discussions, no assignments, just lectures and tests.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:34 am

Grayswandir wrote:No, the class sucked because ALL there was was tests and lectures. Which the professor specifically warned us about. No discussions, no assignments, just lectures and tests.
A philosophy class without discussion?

That should be against the law. Punishable by keelhauling.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:50 am

Assaultman67 wrote:Also it would be nice if the classes were either smaller than auditorium sized or a completely packed auditorium.
Drawing classes? Since there's very little to draw in an auditorium, I'm pretty sure it'd have to be held somewhere smaller.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:You massive pervert! :P
Hey! College is a once in a lifetime experience. And I feel my experience lacks girls and some more general socialization. :lol: I'm just trying to make the best of my last semester of college. :P

I've spent years already studying with other guys for hours straight often studying past midnight and pulling all nighters (haha, that kinda sounds sexual in retrospect) and sitting in computer labs cranking out shitty engineering reports that can often exceed 30 pages. After pulling a 30 page report out of your ass every two weeks for just one class you start to envy the political science majors.

I'm just asking for a piece of what everyone else is experiencing ... an easy class where the ratio of girls to guys is ACTUALLY around 50%.

It's not like I'm going to try actively wooing girls during class every day. Honestly I would be happy just having something to look at while I daydream during class.

You're just jealous I thought of the idea first. :wink:

TL;DR: Yea, im a pervert :lol:
Endoperez wrote:
Assaultman67 wrote:Also it would be nice if the classes were either smaller than auditorium sized or a completely packed auditorium.
Drawing classes? Since there's very little to draw in an auditorium, I'm pretty sure it'd have to be held somewhere smaller.
I thought about that, but I'm not good at drawing so I wouldn't get a decent grade in the class. (I want an easy A :P)
Zhukov wrote:
Grayswandir wrote:No, the class sucked because ALL there was was tests and lectures. Which the professor specifically warned us about. No discussions, no assignments, just lectures and tests.
A philosophy class without discussion?

That should be against the law. Punishable by keelhauling.
That's kinda what turned me away from taking a philosophy class. It just seems idiotic to me to study the theories of past philosophers without any kind of discussion.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:02 am

Assaultman67 wrote:
I'm just asking for a piece of what everyone else is experiencing ... an easy class where the ratio of girls to guys is ACTUALLY around 50%.
Dude, why waste time? You need to be taking a yoga class. :P

srsly, I'm not kidding.

of course, your brain might melt and run out your ears, but hey, that's why you're there.

And (same with the drawing class) it doesn't matter how good you are at it-- you will improve, and probably have fun. The prof just wants to see you take a real interest. Plus it'll make your back feel better in the next ten years after all the hours you'll be spending at a computer.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Alot of people seem to be saying that i need to take an art class ... I'm not sure if thats because I'm posting in artist dominated boards or because i genuinely should take one though

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:27 pm

it's because a lot of girls like art.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 am

Art is also relatively easy, and in my experience there isn't much homework. There are art history and theory classes, of course, but writing an essay for a drawing, still life, life-drawing, watercolour etc course would be silly.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:46 pm

yeah, I think we are a pretty art oriented crowd here, being interested in games from both a player's and a maker's view.

I didn't see classes listed, but if you ever want to do anything game related on the moving model end, I would strongly recommend an anatomy-for-artists class... also a color theory class will change the way you actually see, so that's fun. Both classes will make you really look at your subjects, and again, a strong base of drawing skill is not necessary for grades.

...and as a fan of smart, creative girls, I strongly endorse art classes. :wink:

...mmm, smart girls...

h2ostra

Post by h2ostra » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:32 pm

Just throwing this out there, but the lowest grade I've attained in post-secondary school was in an elementary design class. It also had the most out of class assignments by far. It was also very fun, interesting and informative, though.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:08 pm

additionally, when meeting girls in an art class you can tell how crazy they are and avoid them just by looking at their art! if only they had indicators like that in the real world, I could avoid fifty percent of all relationships!

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:55 am

Count Roland wrote:additionally, when meeting girls in an art class you can tell how crazy they are and avoid them just by looking at their art!
Oooh, yeeah... I don't think it's such a great idea to count on this method. :roll:
Not as reliable as you might wish... *ahem*

but it's the same risk you take with any other girl, so why not? And who's to say you aren't crazy?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:35 am

I am to say that I'm not crazy. Just saying though, don't date a girl who does drawings like
this
this