Kingdom of Loathing

Anything else
hdlsa
fruit salad

Kingdom of Loathing

Post by hdlsa » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:42 pm

Some Forum wrote:Kingdom of Loathing or KOL is a browser based, textbased rpg with some illustrations.

KOL has many dimensions to it.

-The Grind.
-The Quests.
-The Skills.
-The Craft/drink/food making.
-The Humour.

Now here is the thing, KOL is a very silly game, but still well made and quite addicting.

The Main attributes in KOL are:

Muscle aka Strengthliness, Buffness, Muscleboundness.

Mysticallity aka Mysteriousness, Wizardliness, Magicalness.

Moxie aka Smarm, Chutzpah, Cheek, Rougishness.

The Classes you can choose from

Seal Clubber
The Seal Clubber is your basic brute strength beast. Relies mostly on strengthliness.

Turtle Tamer
The Turtle Tamer also relies on strength but is imbued with his creatures.

Pastamancer
The Pastamancer uses mysticallity and spells to fight his enemies.

Sauceror
The Sauceror uses his mysticallity to buff himself and others.

Disco Bandit
I honestly don't know much about the disco bandit but he is a force to be reckoned with. Relies on his moxie.

Accordian Thief
This is my main guy. He is fairly balanced but relies more on moxie. Actually he relies completly on moxie. So that is to say he isn't balanced at all.

Once you beat the game (which takes a long time) you gain an accension which means you get to keep one of your skills from that character and start a new with a different class.

Among many of the other great things, the game is always being updated, something new and exciting (or not) is being added. Just last week the Boring Observatory was struck by a comet and is now no more. Now a brotherhood of fighting is being built.
If you people get into this, we can start a clan which with enough donations, can be upgraded.

And now, for the link: www.kingdomofloathing.com

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:22 pm

well, despite the completely off-the-wall names for classes of people, i guess i'd try playing, couldn't hurt...just don't expect me to donate anything just yet, i'm already pretty deep in the hole...

James M

Post by James M » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:28 pm

I have been playing for a little while, under the name "speedballjamm".

lugaruperson

Re: Kingdom of Loathing

Post by lugaruperson » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:48 pm

hdlsa wrote:
Some Forum wrote:Kingdom of Loathing or KOL is a browser based, textbased rpg with some illustrations.

KOL has many dimensions to it.

-The Grind.
-The Quests.
-The Skills.
-The Craft/drink/food making.
-The Humour.

Now here is the thing, KOL is a very silly game, but still well made and quite addicting.

The Main attributes in KOL are:

Muscle aka Strengthliness, Buffness, Muscleboundness.

Mysticallity aka Mysteriousness, Wizardliness, Magicalness.

Moxie aka Smarm, Chutzpah, Cheek, Rougishness.

The Classes you can choose from

Seal Clubber
The Seal Clubber is your basic brute strength beast. Relies mostly on strengthliness.

Turtle Tamer
The Turtle Tamer also relies on strength but is imbued with his creatures.

Pastamancer
The Pastamancer uses mysticallity and spells to fight his enemies.

Sauceror
The Sauceror uses his mysticallity to buff himself and others.

Disco Bandit
I honestly don't know much about the disco bandit but he is a force to be reckoned with. Relies on his moxie.

Accordian Thief
This is my main guy. He is fairly balanced but relies more on moxie. Actually he relies completly on moxie. So that is to say he isn't balanced at all.

Once you beat the game (which takes a long time) you gain an accension which means you get to keep one of your skills from that character and start a new with a different class.

Among many of the other great things, the game is always being updated, something new and exciting (or not) is being added. Just last week the Boring Observatory was struck by a comet and is now no more. Now a brotherhood of fighting is being built.
If you people get into this, we can start a clan which with enough donations, can be upgraded.

And now, for the link: www.kingdomofloathing.com
Heh, I might try it. If I have some time.