The Master Guru

Anything else
Untadaike

The Master Guru

Post by Untadaike » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Do you think your life is inadequate? Well, here is the video for you. In 5 easy steps, secure the spot in Nirvana you know you deserve!

Feedback is welcomed.

WATCH IN HD

adwuga

Re: The Master Guru

Post by adwuga » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:35 am

I'm trying my best to explain it, and I'm quite good at explaining things, but... well... yeah.

Other than that it was good. Some very small picky critiques: At the changing of camera angles, the audio is disconnected in a few shots. Voice over would help, but it's a lot of work for a little payoff, and a few shots would have been better with a tripod, but all of the camerawork was steady and smooth, so this is an almost pointless critique. I also feel as if the rising action was jumpy and abrupt, and the climax was a bit dry, but the unique resolution and the ravishing denouement made up for it.

Untadaike

Re: The Master Guru

Post by Untadaike » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Yeah the "punch line" is very weak. Sort of one of those stupid never-do-em insider jokes cause we all know the guy on the piano.

Audio holes abound, we decided in most places it was better to get the shots right than the audio.

We were having tripod problems, but I totally agree, I would have shot the entire thing with a tripod if I could. As a rule, it's very limiting shooting indoors and using hand-held doesn't always work.

Our films always have been a bit jerky in the editing and angles, it's sort of part of our style, also one of our faults.

Thanks for watching.

Here's a newer video we just filmed for a local film festival that's a bit better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1bQ-RoLSI0