㊉₣₩GҞ✞Δ

Anything else
Glabbit

Re: ㊉₣₩GҞ✞Δ

Post by Glabbit » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:24 am

Jacktheawesome wrote:*forum lore and history*
Wait... how do you know all that? Have you been archeologically digging through ancient threads or is this not your first account, Sir Jackthearcheologist?

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:37 pm

As a devoted Renegade Fan, reading through a lot of his posts shouldn't be too much of a feat for him.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:51 pm

Ren's really that popular, eh?
Cor.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Haha yes, I am quite the Renegade fan. Quite.
Most of that comes from either first hand experience, or the old threads that are sometimes linked back to.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:01 pm

I was always a fan of chainsaw man, I don't even know why... Ahh well, what happened to him anyway?

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:02 pm

Chainsaw Man annoyed me for some reason. I'd have to say Gray is my favorite from the old days. He always made me laugh. Gray or Bryan.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:46 pm

The "old" days? I remember "invertin" from back then.
I liked that guy. He was silly.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:57 pm

What, you haven't noticed that this forum was a completely different place before 2011?
I agree. Invertin was silly.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:51 pm

I barely remember any of these people, since I only became active recently, and only trolled the SPF for cool stuff before that.

Jack, your post count is dangerously near 1337.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Wow. I totally would have missed that. My post count in Randomness is also dangerously close to 100. That is an epic thread.
That's true though, you have been active only recently. There was a period in I think early 2011 when I stopped posting for a long time, but I came back full force, as you can all myah see.
Last edited by Jacktheawesome on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:40 pm

I actually never come on the wolfire forums. Any time of any day you check, the little blue online banner wont show for me.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! There's a setting for that.

Also, Does anyone remember Wilbefast? That guy was awesome.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Jacktheawesome wrote:What, you haven't noticed that this forum was a completely different place before 2011?
Not really, I have kept myself in the Randomness-board, and here everything seems like normal, except for the sudden bursts in activity then and again.

... and don't mention the spam bots.

I did enjoy Wilbefast's occasional guest-blog-post. He had a completely different style of approach when it comes to present the topic compared to anyone else, and he spoke of it in such a way that anybody could familiarize themselves with it. I liked his drawings.

I miss the old tech-posts in the blog, all we see nowadays are completely focused on Overgrowth. Not that there's anything bad with that, I'm glad they're devoting their time to the game we're all here for, but I still miss the former mass of information and explanation of techniques that could be found in there.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:46 am

Freshbite wrote:
Jacktheawesome wrote:What, you haven't noticed that this forum was a completely different place before 2011?
Not really, I have kept myself in the Randomness-board, and here everything seems like normal, except for the sudden bursts in activity then and again.

... and don't mention the spam bots.

I did enjoy Wilbefast's occasional guest-blog-post. He had a completely different style of approach when it comes to present the topic compared to anyone else, and he spoke of it in such a way that anybody could familiarize themselves with it. I liked his drawings.

I miss the old tech-posts in the blog, all we see nowadays are completely focused on Overgrowth. Not that there's anything bad with that, I'm glad they're devoting their time to the game we're all here for, but I still miss the former mass of information and explanation of techniques that could be found in there.
I don't know, it seems like the forum's changed a lot. For one thing, there was a lot more flaming back then, and general silliness. Remember those novelty threads? Like the rhyming photoshop one? Never happen anymore. The only reason I come to Randomness anymore is for the few threads like this one, which were actually started back then. Now, the SPF is where most of the interesting stuff happens. It seems like as the fanbase has grown, the forum has gotten a lot more productive in general. Not saying that's a bad thing; I'm just noticing it.

EDIT:
1337 1337
1337!!!!!!
Last edited by Jacktheawesome on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:06 am

zoidberg rules wrote:I was always a fan of chainsaw man, I don't even know why... Ahh well, what happened to him anyway?
Ah, the good old days when he was colicedus. I believe he disappeared into the depths. I liked the submarine guy, forgot his exact name/number, but it reminded me of a submarine. Also usagi.