Post Random Images... (previously just avatars...)

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:00 am

Trogdor was a man....or at least he was a dragonman....or at least he was a...dragon...but he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:41 am

No... this ends now...

I hate that. That's the only thing people know about Homestar nowadays...

Trogday '08

Sit through the stoopud song and SB himself says it... and incase you don't recall or worse, *shudder* haven't even seen the email that started it all, the S-is-for-sucks drgaon was his first drawing attempt. Trogdor came second. Dragon email

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:22 pm

Umm...

TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR! BURNINATING ALL THE PEOPLE!

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:07 am

Cmyszka wrote:That's the only thing people know about Homestar nowadays...
Huh? I didn't even know it was from Homestar Runner. I first found Trogdor on a forum somewhere. Or maybe it was some other place. But it was still… TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:50 am

Exactly my point...

[quote=strong bad]You internet types RUINED Trogdor[/quote]

You've turned him into something people quote to feel like they're unique and funny or to perhaps show they know more about it than another when actually everyone around them has heard it a billion times before and is sick of it. I am at least..... He used to be cool T_T

It was great at first... I think once it got into Guitar Hero II it's reputation began being raped like that...

Ok lets think about this... why is posting a reply with nothing but a small segment of the lyrics of Trodgor's theme worthwhile at all? Is it really amusing at all? What's the POINT!?

How come I don't here about Stinkoman or Señor Cardgage around here? Because people just pick it up like any other internet joke and use it even if they have no idea what it's about.

Banana Phone
"This is Sparta"
Chuck Norris
Leroy Jenkins
All your base...
Chocolate rain
"Never Gonna Give You Up" (You've been Rick Rolled!)
ect
ect

All these are really not that funny now simply because they're over referenced. Maybe it was amusing the first time, but now people won't let it go and insist the material is funny to them when really all they want to be up on the latest of internet jokes and crap...

I can say that I've been keeping up with Homestarrunner.com for YEARS... Long before it became better known. I've seen just about every toon so I actually get all the inside jokes which make up probably over 80% of their humor. This doesn't mean I'll spam it every where I go as if it makes me somehow a better person. I mean... isn't being able to recite several SBemails from memory kind of pathetic??

Perhaps i'm rambling... but w/e. The point was... uh...... DAMMIT I FORGOT

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:57 am

Cmyszka wrote:You've turned him into something people quote to feel like they're unique and funny
No, that's not why I was quoting it, not sure about BWS. I was quoting it because I think it's really funny. The words to it are funny. I'm not trying to keep up with some meme. I didn't find it on the internet, I'm not part of some internet joke, I just saw the song on GH2 and think it's funny. Get over yourself.
Cmyszka wrote:I can say that I've been keeping up with Homestarrunner.com for YEARS.
Oh aren't you so great? You're like those people who only like underground music because it makes them seem more edgy. Stop acting like you've any more right to talk about something just because you've been watching the videos or reading the pages for longer. You're not going to get any credit for it. I don't really give a fuck that I haven't seen a lot from Homestarrunner.com to be honest.

"OH MAN I AM SO MUCH MORE UNDERGROUND I WAS THE ORIGINAL FAN I LIKED IT LONGEST YOU'RE ALL INFERIOR YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT IT".

No. Just no. We're perfectly entitled to like whatever we want for whatever reasons. Stop moaning.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:16 pm

Cmyszka wrote:How come I don't here about Stinkoman or Señor Cardgage around here?
You forgot about Dangeresque. One of my personal favorites lol.

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Gah... don't have to be so aggressive about it

and you're missing the point. by stating that I was showing that despite the fact that I'm a big fan, I don't even do that...

I'm not saying you don't have a right to like it. Us being a fans wouldn't we want to share it anyway? It's just obnoxious to see those quotes everywhere with no point that simply lower the overall respect for the material.

And then there's clueless people like Bunny...
Huh? I didn't even know it was from Homestar Runner. I first found Trogdor on a forum somewhere. Or maybe it was some other place. But it was still… TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!
...but at least he can reply in a sensible way. I used to not get it, but now I'm beginning to see why people don't like you ¬_¬
"OH MAN I AM SO MUCH MORE UNDERGROUND I WAS THE ORIGINAL FAN I LIKED IT LONGEST YOU'RE ALL INFERIOR YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT IT"
You're shoving words down my throat and arguing with yourself here. I never said anything resembling an attitude like that. I was actually hesitant to leave that paragraph about being a long time fan in my post in because I though this crap would come up...

For future reference... people are easier to deal with if you reply with "I---" sentences rather than "you---" statements and telling people what they are... ¬_¬

@ nero Yes! yes! see THATs what i appreciate... the lesser known things. Not the bandwagon material either. People seem to only ""like"" things if everyone they know likes it too.

I just put stinkoman in there because the "japanese cartoon" SBemail was one of my favs. Señor Cardgage was just random enough to pop into my head...

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Cmyszka wrote:Gah... don't have to be so aggressive about it

and you're missing the point. by stating that I was showing that despite the fact that I'm a big fan, I don't even do that...

I'm not saying you don't have a right to like it. Us being a fans wouldn't we want to share it anyway? It's just obnoxious to see those quotes everywhere with no point that simply lower the overall respect for the material.
You still don't like the fact that people who aren't "fans" of Homestar-whats-its-face are jumping in and quoting lines and songs from the website. This is fine, you're entitled to your own opinion, but it makes you sound like such an elitist prick when you type it out. Maybe I'm misreading it, the internet can cause so much misinterpretation.
Personally, I'm not a fan of Homestar Runner, it can be funny sometimes, but I'm not really into it. Sure, when someone starts spaming "TROGDOR" or whatever else Homestar spouts out of that cakehole he calles a mouth it can grate the nerves. Then I realize, hey its the internet, people could do worse things. Like GETTING INTO MY ROOM AND STEALING MY INTERNETS!!! OH NOEZ!!!! GET INTO THE CAR ITS A TROGDOR!!!
AWOOOGAAAAAA!!!! AWOOOGAAAAAA!!!! AWOOOGAAAAAA!!!!

Really, Trogdor has become an internet meme, nothing you can do about it.
Arguing about it on the internet:
Gets you this:
Which turns to this:
And then you don't get this:
...I mean this:
...This?
...Close enough.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:40 pm

Wanna see something cool?

Press F5. :D

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:32 pm

Cmyszka wrote:"Never Gonna Give You Up" (You've been Rick Rolled!)
Oh shut up.
Cmyszka wrote:All these are really not that funny now simply because they're over referenced.
They're still funny, though. You need a humour transplant.
invertin wrote:Image
Wanna see something cool?

Press F5. :D
How many times do I need to press F5? I'm currently pressing F5 constantly while not typing…

Now I'm holding it down, triggering a key-repeat of about 20 per second. Somehow, I think your trick doesn't work.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:53 pm

Cmyszka wrote:...but at least he can reply in a sensible way. I used to not get it, but now I'm beginning to see why people don't like you ¬_¬
Lol plenty of people like me. Notice how I don't care if some guy on an internet forum likes me. I don't need you as an internet friend.

lol @ people bitching about other people's senses of humour and then not expecting to be told to STFU.

Doom

Post by Doom » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:36 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Cmyszka wrote:...but at least he can reply in a sensible way. I used to not get it, but now I'm beginning to see why people don't like you ¬_¬
Lol plenty of people like me. Notice how I don't care if some guy on an internet forum likes me. I don't need you as an internet friend.

lol @ people bitching about other people's senses of humour and then not expecting to be told to STFU.
yay rene! got a right point there

Doom

Post by Doom » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:00 am

things aren't as they look like...

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:29 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:How many times do I need to press F5? I'm currently pressing F5 constantly while not typing…

Now I'm holding it down, triggering a key-repeat of about 20 per second. Somehow, I think your trick doesn't work.
Can you see the picture?

Does it change?

If it doesn't..
Crap.

EDIT: DOOM YOU FACETHIEF

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A FACEOFF