The origin of your forum name

Anything else
Doggyhugger

The origin of your forum name

Post by Doggyhugger » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Sooooo.. yeah. Where does your forum name come from?
Mine is kind of a description. 8)

SteelRaven7

Re: The origin of your forum name

Post by SteelRaven7 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:59 pm

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm liking that Raven. I believe this was done before but hey whatever, necro-ing threads is frown upon. Mine needs no explanation. Zoidberg Rules. Nuff said.

DemonicDaemon

Post by DemonicDaemon » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Mine went through a few phases:

It originated as my Xbox Live gamertag, Dragon Daemon, coming from my love of dragons and the His Dark Materials trilogy which I had recently read.

It was then used in various online games (somewhere along the line it dropped the space because it was unnecessary)and DemonicDaemon was created as a back-up for when DragonDaemon wasn't allowed for whatever reason.

DemonicDaemon has now become my primary username (I just think it flows better) but I now use DragonDaemon as a back-up (especially seeing as DemonicDaemon is sometimes a few letters too long).

If both of those are taken, or if a number is required, I just stick 363 on the end (which came from my Runescape account Megamage363. It was my first mmo, don't judge me)

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Korban3 is my old Runescape username. Don't play much anymore, and I'll be migrating over to RS2006 when it's done anyways, but that's it's origins. I needed to get a username that no one was using, so I picked a letter. Kind of, closed my eyes and smacked the keyboard. Came up with 'K' and then I said to myself "Self, how will no one be thinking to start a name with that letter?" And ta-da! Use it everywhere now, even 4 or 5 years after I made it.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:13 pm

well I was actually named after Count Roland so I'm basically just using my actual name, and then I had the good luck to get into things requiring names by way of Marathon, which of course added meaning to the name. (for those who don't know Durendal was Count Roland's sword)

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Well my name was made up by my brother, and if you haven't noticed akazi is part of the word kamikaze. but i guess he just added the "A" before the "K" in the word, and the reason he did that was because back when we were like 14 and 15 i think, we had awesome friends and we would go outside and have our little adventures and we would make our own bows and arrows and stuff, and on some of those adventures we all were starting to ride bikes alot and so we thought of an idea of having a little biking team. So whats good about a biking team without a team name so,my brother thought of the name akazi and well all liked it. But the team didn't last long and I mean it lasted for maybe a week, maybe not even that. so now my brother thinks that the name is kinda dumb now but i like it still and it's a name that i will always remember from our crazy days, and so i always use this name for when i create an account or something. that's the story of where my name came from.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:44 pm

What, I need to explain?

bummer6

Post by bummer6 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:55 am

My username is very unique in the sense that it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I remember trying to think of a good username about 5 years ago and I just randomly typed in "bummer6" and somehow it kinda stuck.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:03 am

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:59 am

All nicknames I have used over the years, barring a few exceptional exceptions, start with 'G'. Oftentimes 'Gl'
+
The time of my forum registration was in the time of Lugaru, when I was more bouncy and less wise.
=
Glabbit

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:45 pm

bummer6 wrote:My username is very unique in the sense that it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I remember trying to think of a good username about 5 years ago and I just randomly typed in "bummer6" and somehow it kinda stuck.
Then I guess mine is also unique.

Random keyboard smash in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2.

Also, since everyone pronounces it wrong, it's pronounced: caum-IN-mive-aj-ine-a

Just kidding, its a(like uh)-DWUG(like drug)-a(like uh)

DemonicDaemon

Post by DemonicDaemon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:00 am

adwuga wrote: a(like uh)-DWUG(like drug)-a(like uh)
People pronounce that wrong? meh? :|

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Everyone but the three people who watched its creation and apparently you.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:20 pm

I'm still going to think of you as 'awooga' nonetheless.