Please Help, I'm panicking!

Anything else
Assaultman67

Re: Please Help, I'm panicking!

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Freshbite wrote:Or "that stupid", it can go both ways you know. Image
I surf without web condoms as well

I have passive virus scanning software, but not real time active software.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Count Roland wrote:Adept already has malwarebytes though.
Oh, yeah, forgot about that.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Tue May 15, 2012 3:17 am

Has it actually done anything?
I use Trend Micro, which is very good. I got a virus about a year ago where a vulgar website popped up all around the screen constantly, it closed windows randomly, basically f***ed around with everything on the computer. (At one point it opened the disc drive, and that really freaked me out, up until I remembered that applications have access to the disc drive) And It removed that virus pretty easily. I have to say DON'T USE MOZILLA though! I have gotten more than 8 viruses from mozilla (at least once a week I would get a minor virus), and as soon as I switched to Maxthon none have materialised at all.
I swear the people who coded Norton just made a boring UI and pretended it's an antivirus, then sold it off for 200 bucks a pop.

AdeptRogue

Post by AdeptRogue » Tue May 15, 2012 5:12 am

Dun worry guys, I took care of the problem. My Bf's Bestfriend, helped through it. Since My Bf wasn't around. ((Not really surprising... XD ))

He advised I go into Safe mode and use MalwareBytes to take care of it.
It scanned my Laptop only to find nothing... I was so mad at my self for
panicing over nothing. But.. still really grateful to my Bf's Friend. ^ w ^

A guess My Antivirus-s saved me after all.
Also I've never had a problem with MalwareBytes and Avast Conflicting eachother. o ~ O;

Also AVG is crap... My aunt had it on her CPU and she ended up getting something that caused the Cpu to not only crash, but then it just refused to turn on at all afterwards. ((She was downlaoding a lot of stupid stuff she shouldn't have been.)) We had a guy look at the thing and he told us that the crash must have fried it. ((I didn't even think that could happen)) She got a new one a couple weeks ago tho, it sucks, my crappy laptop has better specs. It's one of those all-in-one Just-a-screen things.. I hate it. Now that she's got that, we might not be having central air this summer.. >8C

Stupid bitch. Who cares if we roast to death,
at least my aunt can check her facebook and
play Bid-Whis online.... 9 ~ 9;

Anyway.. dunno why I just ramble on like that, but don't worry everythings good now...
Craziest part was the absurd nightmares I had After the whole ordeal; One of which involved,
me getting a virus from downloaded game content coming out of my Laptop and making zombies.. or something stupid... it was really like Lolwut? XD

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:43 am

Whoo! No virus anymore ftw
And don't sweat it. We all have weird dreams. I had a dream last week that a friend from my programming class was eating peanut butter out of a jar and she was double dipping the butter knife. The double dipping butter knife part must have been really important because it's the clearest detail of the whole dream.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed May 16, 2012 4:38 am

I don't know what I dreamed, but apparently I told my brother that they were building a race car track around a high school, but not to worry since it was just for derbies.