What is your favorite anime "Hulk" moment?

Anything else
Razieliem

What is your favorite anime "Hulk" moment?

Post by Razieliem » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:16 pm

You know what I mean. When the main character watches someone he loves get killed or hurt and loses control of their anger and turn into a complete badass for a little while.

E.g.
Ichigo vs Ulquiorra
Gon vs Pitou
etc.
(sorry for not including more :wink:)
Have fun!

Freshbite

Re: What is your favorite anime "Hulk" moment?

Post by Freshbite » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:56 am

Read this before watching the video.

Bringing up the subject, this was the first thing I could think of.
I think it's more relevant if you have actually seen the episodes up to this one, so I'm going to break it down for you.

Basically, the guy in the white space suit (and the rest of his "kind") are the worst kind of fucking assholes you could ever imagine. They belong to some sort of noble hierarchy that sees themselves as much greater than regular people. They are not to be looked upon, their actions should not be questioned (they are all "above the law"), and touching one of them would be sentences by death. They even refuse to breath the same air as regular people, hence the fishbowl on his head. Now, watch the video before continuing reading, or if you'd like to set the mood even more, you could read this article beforehand: [LINK]

When this episode aired, they had yet to ever get shit for the horrible things they had done, and as a viewer you had built up this giant pile of hate towards them. All of that hate was released simultaneously when Luffy here (the guy in the strawhat) finally took a stand and punched the guy in the fucking face. It is one of the most rememberable scenes in the anime to date.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:39 pm

These mostly ignore the "when someone close to them gets hurt" thing. There's more than one way for someone to snap...

Magical Girl Madoka Magica,.
This state of hulking out, being unstoppable, meting out justice with violence... One character is introduced in that state. Said character does not leave that state for most of the series. It's incredible. If you haven't seen it, watch it - it's just 12 episodes, after all.

Ghost in the Shell. Major, the tough-as-nails squad leader of the ex-special forces soldiers working on special, top secret police unit, is attacked by a mecha. Her arm is shot to pieces, and the mecha stomps on her head, cracking the ground. Her squad arrives just in time to distract the mecha with an anti-tank rifle.
Major gets up, grabs the rifle, and gets herself some revenge.

I don't watch enough anime to remember anything else right now.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Feels very shounen-y in here.

Katanagatari pops into mind, but really that is more of a finale or completion than a moment of rage.

The problem is that these moments basically only exist in shounen anime.

They let their passion and emotion take control and end up on top. Where as in anime outside of shounen, this moment of rage is usually the precursor to a tragic self destruction of the character

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Black Lagoon - Roberta's Blood Trail.

After her employer and protector is killed the titular Roberta goes utterly nuts in spectacular fashion at a rate of at least once per episode.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:21 pm

There's quite a few of these in Naruto. It might have something to do with the fact that the protagonist has a demon that's a personification of hatred and raw power sealed inside of him, but whatever. Interestingly enough, my personal favorite in the series isn't any of Naruto's own apeshit moments, but this one (purple-eyed dude just saw his best friend kill himself in vain, ergo, he's slightly pissed)

Reversed subtitles, but they're in Spanish anyways :lol:

I think that's probably the most people ever killed in such a short space of time in the entire series.