SCARY GAMES!!!

Anything else
Froggie

Re: SCARY GAMES!!!

Post by Froggie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Freshbite wrote:I can't fucking stand the scary ambient sounds that can occur when you're crawling around deep inside a cave somewhere. I'm like; "nope. nopenopenopenope." and rage-quit.
Then you're going to just love this.

I don't know if it actually got made or if it is still in production, but I'd play that, in 10 minute interwalls of course.

Another game that isn't really a horror game in that sense, but that does have some very strong horror moments: Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.

The first real mission is to go to a place called The Ocean House Hotel which is presumably haunted.
Anyone who has ever played it knows what I'm talking about, and for those that are willing to trick the game into working (it's buggy and weird) it's well worth it for the atmosphere alone.

It's very carefully crafted and one of the best horror experiences I've ever gone through. It's so unnerving that people have told me they wanted to replay the game but refused to go through the damn hotel again.
There are surely videos on youtube, so for those that want to experience the light version, as it is much more scary when you actually move around yourself, go check it out.
Last edited by Froggie on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Literally, the scariest thing for me is noises in the dark. The dark doesn't scare me. The noises in it do.
That Cadet227 thing.
FUCK NO
WHERE IS THIS GAME I MUST PLAY IT

Froggie

Post by Froggie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Do you mean Cadet or Vampire?

For the first I have no clue. It seems to have evaporated.
There is a demo file that can be played, but it offers no missions.

For Vampire it can be found on amazon, by download or by steam. For it to work you need to patch it but there are plenty of forums to help you do just that.

Have you ever heard a red fox scream?
It's a noise that can not be appreciated through these recordings, but it's just demonic when you walk alone in a silent forest or moor at night, and suddenly you hear that thing echo from somewhere around you. It's enough to put a spring in your step, I tell you that.

I'd put an image of the skunkape here, but I'd feel bad about ruining someones sleep.