SCARY GAMES!!!

Anything else
Themap

SCARY GAMES!!!

Post by Themap » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:51 am

Hey everybody

I just finished F.E.A.R. and while it was an amazing game, with amazing ideias and technically advanced for the time, i really wasn't too scared by it

I mean, it's probably because i had already seen most of the scary scenes on youtube and all , but i really didn't generate as big a reaction as most people say they did

So my question is : What are the scariest games you guys ever played??? I am already looking into Condemned 1 and 2, just haven't bought them yet...

BTW anyone seen REC(the spanish version)???
That was the only movie I really crapped my pants watching...

Count Roland

Re: SCARY GAMES!!!

Post by Count Roland » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:20 am

how about amnesia?

Themap

Post by Themap » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Count Roland wrote:how about amnesia?
Played it a little bit, moderatly spooky, but mostly because of the environment and knowing you can't just grab a gun and kill someone , because you can't find a gun anywhere xD

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Just a side note, I didn't like F.E.A.R. I just felt the clunky controls got in the way of the gameplay. Also what I played of it (About a quarter I think) I didn't find in the least bit scary, there was the odd jump but that's it. Jump scares are cheap anyway.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Which of the F.E.A.R. titles did you play, Zoidberg?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:09 pm

I don't really remember the F.E.A.R controls being clunky, I rather liked them, especially the intuitive context sensitive melee that should've been in every first person shooter.

BlackHole

Post by BlackHole » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Have you tried playing F.E.A.R. at 3AM in an empty house with all the lights turned off and sound at maximum? (Though the spoilers may have ruined it.)

What about the Silent Hill series, Penumbra series, Dead Space, Amnesia or even good ol' DOOM3?

~ Black
Architecture is the art of wasting space.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:44 pm

The newer F.E.A.R. titles are much less scary than the original game and its expansions. I remember a scene in "Perseus Mandate" in which you go into a short alley-way to grab a heavy weapon. Sweet, right?

Doing a hard-cut 180 degree rotation and moving before looking, I instantly went face to face with the image of what seems to be a dead man, asking if someone's there. It was like a jump-scare, essentially. This freaked me the fuck out, more so than any other game have ever succeeded with.

I'm forever scarred by this scene, to the point where I can't turn around quickly in FPS-games anymore, in plain fear of being jumped upon.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Worst scene ever was in Dead Space. I was strolling through some tight corridors and turn left, towards a closed door. There's a light at my back giving a good, comforting level of illumination. I walk up to the door, my shadow against the door. When suddenly, a shadow of a necromorph behind me appears on the door as well. About .5 seconds of "lolwut da fuq is that" later, I flipped out, screamed OH SHIT, and spun around.
Only to find the hallway empty.

I fuckin booked it through that door so fast. Scared the shit out of me most because there was nothing there when I turned around.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:06 pm

FATAL FRAME

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 am

SLENDER

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:29 am

I played F.E.A.R. 1... Also, I may have to get this "Slender" you all speak of.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 am

SCP Containment Breach. Even though it's in an early alpha and rather derpy at times, it can be downright horrifying.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:15 am

Funny you should say that!

Themap

Post by Themap » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Korban3 wrote:Worst scene ever was in Dead Space. I was strolling through some tight corridors and turn left, towards a closed door. There's a light at my back giving a good, comforting level of illumination. I walk up to the door, my shadow against the door. When suddenly, a shadow of a necromorph behind me appears on the door as well. About .5 seconds of "lolwut da fuq is that" later, I flipped out, screamed OH SHIT, and spun around.
Only to find the hallway empty.

I fuckin booked it through that door so fast. Scared the shit out of me most because there was nothing there when I turned around.
I should give it a try then...

Also, i don't think F.E.A.R. as had such a drastical change of scary moments.

I mean, 3 is completely mainstream , absolutely NOTHING special about it, but 2 is pretty good , even though it stays in the shadow of the first one
And i really don't remember the controls being clunky at all
If anything , I'd consider it a role model... xD