SCARY GAMES!!!

Anything else
zoidberg rules

Re: SCARY GAMES!!!

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:35 pm

What the hell was I playing then?! I'm gonna have to go buy it again.

Teh_Bucket

Post by Teh_Bucket » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Receiver.

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Teh_Bucket wrote:Receiver.
Heheh true dat. :lol: :wink:

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:28 am

Yeah, Receiver is pretty tense.
As for controls, my favorite game ever was Turok. The controls were responsive as all get out and very fluid. Rarely fell off edges or got killed because of a controls error. That's one of my huge peeves with Skyrim and Fallout 3. If the game dips under 30 FPS, the controls lock up. My gun won't shoot, even if I click 10 times. I won't jump at the right time or my character will keep running off a ledge or through a door seconds and seconds after I release the button.

Themap

Post by Themap » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:14 am

Korban3 wrote:Yeah, Receiver is pretty tense.
As for controls, my favorite game ever was Turok. The controls were responsive as all get out and very fluid. Rarely fell off edges or got killed because of a controls error. That's one of my huge peeves with Skyrim and Fallout 3. If the game dips under 30 FPS, the controls lock up. My gun won't shoot, even if I click 10 times. I won't jump at the right time or my character will keep running off a ledge or through a door seconds and seconds after I release the button.
Turok was pretty good at that point, even though that was about all it did right (DINOSSAURS!!!!)
I don't seem to get those problems on Bethesda games, AT ALL .

Teh_Bucket

Post by Teh_Bucket » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Now that I have a keyboard and can type more than just Receiver:

Minecraft had some pretty terrifying moments for me; only because I got so into being in the game, a monster showing up where it shouldn't, or where I didn't expect it was a threat to my very own life.

If you've never played minecraft, go ahead, make fun of me. If you've been addicted to it like I was, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

The F.E.A.R. (first one) campaign was pretty terrifying, it had that creepy thing where not only where you in a dangerous, horrible terror the whole time, not only were you alone for most of it, but everyone that was supposedly helping you were acting like everything was normal, and then left you alone.

Some of the great touches included being placed in a blood filled hallway (that doesn't exist), and you know from past experience that something horrible will happen when you get to the end of the hallway; but nothings forcing you forward. You, out of your own free will, have to decide to move forward in order to continue. A skeleton jumps out at you. Skeleton = not too scary. Suspense leading up to skeleton = tongue-choppingly terrifying.

Themap

Post by Themap » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:19 am

Teh_Bucket wrote:Now that I have a keyboard and can type more than just Receiver:

Minecraft had some pretty terrifying moments for me; only because I got so into being in the game, a monster showing up where it shouldn't, or where I didn't expect it was a threat to my very own life.

If you've never played minecraft, go ahead, make fun of me. If you've been addicted to it like I was, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

The F.E.A.R. (first one) campaign was pretty terrifying, it had that creepy thing where not only where you in a dangerous, horrible terror the whole time, not only were you alone for most of it, but everyone that was supposedly helping you were acting like everything was normal, and then left you alone.

Some of the great touches included being placed in a blood filled hallway (that doesn't exist), and you know from past experience that something horrible will happen when you get to the end of the hallway; but nothings forcing you forward. You, out of your own free will, have to decide to move forward in order to continue. A skeleton jumps out at you. Skeleton = not too scary. Suspense leading up to skeleton = tongue-choppingly terrifying.
I had some scares in minecraft, not because it was spooky , but for the simple fact that creepers have the bad habit of getting in yo face!!!

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:26 pm

I can't fucking stand the scary ambient sounds that can occur when you're crawling around deep inside a cave somewhere. I'm like; "nope. nopenopenopenope." and rage-quit.

Teh_Bucket

Post by Teh_Bucket » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:23 pm

I can't stand the fact that there is no "perfect dark" anymore in that game. The lowest brightness setting now lets you see, dimly, everything. It used to be caves were completely black till you did something about it. Sure, Notch added a brightness setting so some users could change it, but now I have to mod it just to get back to the way it should be.

alkey3000

Post by alkey3000 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:02 am

the scariest game i have ever played is Slender, which is free.

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Penumbra.

That is all.

arenter

Post by arenter » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:47 am

Slender, GOSH IT'S SO SCARY :shock:

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:39 pm

arenter wrote:Slender, GOSH IT'S SO SCARY :shock:
Slender is pretty easy to get through once you become desensitized to the scares.

In the meantime, imma go cry in the corner.

Teh_Bucket

Post by Teh_Bucket » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:43 pm

I completely removed slender and the installed after my first time playing. There's a reason there's so many cute-slenderman images, and slenderman jokes out there: people need to become desensitized.

I also kept seeing him while trying to sleep.. didn't help.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:49 pm

Slender is also known as bitch-mode for Amnesia.
Go play Amnesia.