Post Your Screenshots!

Anything else
rodeje25

Re: Post Your Screenshots!

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:14 am

I don't ubderstand cs sometimes... I mean you aim at the ground and you get a headshot.....................................................................................

kibaoo

Post by kibaoo » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:15 pm

recoil

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:54 pm

I guess you can think of it like this:

The obvious alternative would be to have the entire screen follow exactly where the bullets land, however this is likely pretty annoying because your screen would move around much more (it still does move around a bit, just not as much as the recoil). It is also not similar to how it works in reality since in real life your head and gun are not connected. So if the recoil makes you shoot up, that does not mean that you will also look up.

So I'm thinking they probably went with a compromise where your view stays mostly the same when you shoot to make it less annoying, so then you need to look down a bit instead to counter the recoil. It ends up feeling really nice I think.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:43 pm

I think i just got used to it.
I becane 3 times in a row mvp in arms race and i leveld up to rank 2 and got another worthless 5 cent skin :P

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:00 pm

Yeah, I like how there's a lot of things about CS's spray system that one could arguably equate with RL stuff. How every type of guns handles differently and needs to be learned separately, for example, or how standing still gives you much more reliable accuracy than when running about (when you're tripping over cobbles and such)

Though despite all its nice traits I can't recommend it because the community is 90% toxic waste.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Glabbit wrote:Though despite all its nice traits I can't recommend it because the community is 90% toxic waste.
you're talking about the russians right?

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Glabbit wrote: Though despite all its nice traits I can't recommend it because the community is 90% toxic waste.
Most multiplayer games have this problem though. Just look at the TF2 community. It's just easier to mute/ignore everyone.

It also helps when you have friends who are willing to play with you.

kibaoo

Post by kibaoo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:58 pm

playing a pvp competitive online shooter, without insulting your opponent is like having a pve mmorpg circlejerk. noobs

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:12 am

rodeje25 wrote:
Glabbit wrote:Though despite all its nice traits I can't recommend it because the community is 90% toxic waste.
you're talking about the russians right?
No I am not.
Dammasta wrote:
Glabbit wrote: Though despite all its nice traits I can't recommend it because the community is 90% toxic waste.
Most multiplayer games have this problem though. Just look at the TF2 community. It's just easier to mute/ignore everyone.

It also helps when you have friends who are willing to play with you.
In all fairness, the TF2 community is only about 30% toxic, and 60% mute, which really is a hell of a lot better.
kibaoo wrote:playing a pvp competitive online shooter, without insulting your opponent is like having a pve mmorpg circlejerk. noobs
You. Get out.

[+] screenshot tax

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:47 am

Glabbit wrote:
In all fairness, the TF2 community is only abo
kibaoo wrote:playing a pvp competitive online shooter, without insulting your opponent is like having a pve mmorpg circlejerk. noobs
You. Get out.
hahahaha i laughed at this because it's so funny and i'm rambling already... pretty sure it isn't meant to be funny. also whenever i get in a russian team they kick me because (assuming) i'm not russian.
but for the rest.... nvm 99% is toxic

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:14 pm

There are ways to mute voice chat, and text chat too, but that's harder to do. They should have an option to do that much more readily available. The mean stuff people say makes me not want to play the game.

They just need to make sure it doesn't hurt matchmaking somehow. Maybe you can only do that in casual? Anyway, I know how to mute both text and voice so I'm good. :P

kibaoo

Post by kibaoo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:18 am

hold tab > click right mouse button > navigate cursor over the suspect > click left > dropdown menu appears > choose block communication. User is now blocked

izi mad kids, izi game

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Silverfish wrote:
There are ways to mute voice chat, and text chat too, but that's harder to do. They should have an option to do that much more readily available. The mean stuff people say makes me not want to play the game.

They just need to make sure it doesn't hurt matchmaking somehow. Maybe you can only do that in casual? Anyway, I know how to mute both text and voice so I'm good. :P
Communication is a vital part of effective teamplay though. And competitive players are mostly toxic too. So this is all kind of moot.

However, playing with a (non-toxic) team of friends does certainly keep it a whole lot more fun. And especially now you can't hear the enemy team's voice chat anymore (though I kinda miss that), it's a very nearly sure-fire way to eliminate toxic encounters altogether.
That is to say, I can recommend CS:GO if you're got at least four friends to play it with.
(Fewer friends works too of course, but y'know, then you risk randoms.)

Attempt to re-rail topic:

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:18 pm

kibaoo wrote:hold tab > click right mouse button > navigate cursor over the suspect > click left > dropdown menu appears > choose block communication. User is now blocked
Having to do that for all 19 other people on a casual server and keep doing it for every new person coming in is tedious. Once some person starts writing or saying stuff that makes me sad inside it's already too late.
.jpg

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:27 pm

The easiest way I've found to get around having to mute everyone in CS:GO is set the Steam mic to an unplugged microphone port, turn off the voice chat settings in CS:GO, and then set up voice chat with friends using something else like Discord, Mumble, or Razer.