Hilarious Max Payne 3 glitch

Anything else
Coincidence

Hilarious Max Payne 3 glitch

Post by Coincidence » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:16 pm

So I played through a couple levels of Max Payne 3 again recently and I came across a glitch so utterly hilarious that I had to post about it. I don't have a video so bare with me.

The game suffered a usual fall through the floor into endless space glitch that is present in every game and its mother, but Tank Top and Beard Max landed on a bit of strange floating floor that the level design team had left in hammerspace for whatever reason. There was a bottomless chasm that I could jump into so I shootdodged off the side and speed up to normal time. Max Payne when falling through endless space began to spin around, but since NaturalMotion's animation engine had him pointing the guns towards the reticule the whole time his arms remains pointed ahead of him with the guns facing the reticule and it looked hilarious to see him rotating as if he were on a spit while the animation engine tried desperately to keep the guns pointed away from the camera and also make it look as realistic as possible. After leaving the engine alone for a few seconds it finally broke when Max started spinning head over heels while he twisted his spine around in a rather unrealistic way to try to keep the guns pointed to where they needed to be.

I laughed my arse off, though I'm afraid I won't be able to recreate while recording. The game won't seem to glitch for me again no matter how many times I have Max bang his head against a wall.