Bioware founders quit

Anything else
Themap

Bioware founders quit

Post by Themap » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Have any of you guys learned about this??

I'm quickly starting to lose hope in this industry
Has everyone lost sight of what's really important besides the indies??

I HATE EA RIGHT NOW!!!

Thank god Valve told them to go F themselves when they attempted to buy the company

But did they have to screw Bioware too??? :(

zoidberg rules

Re: Bioware founders quit

Post by zoidberg rules » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:23 am

I don't remember reading that their resignations were anything to do with EA. In fact I thought they'd just had enough.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:20 am

Meh.

It's a shame to see 'em go and all, but they haven't had anything to do with the actual game development process for many years now. They were just running the business side of things.

Themap

Post by Themap » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:53 am

Zhukov wrote:Meh.

It's a shame to see 'em go and all, but they haven't had anything to do with the actual game development process for many years now. They were just running the business side of things.
I'm not sure about that
They were the founders of Black Isle Studios(which later became Bioware) aswell I believe , and I bet they had their fingertips into everything BW developed

I mean, after coming up with the ideas that turned their earlier games into a sucess I don't see many reasons to not keep doing it...
zoidberg rules wrote:I don't remember reading that their resignations were anything to do with EA. In fact I thought they'd just had enough.
I believe they said they're leaving because their passion was no longer the same as it was in the beginning, and due to personal issues
This is just me saying, but that sounds pretty much like EA to me
And after seeing the lack of enthusiasm that went into ME3(yeah,yeah, great game , I know, but obviously they we're less enthusiastic about it than the original) I find no other explanation other than EA has been pushing them too hard...

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:13 am

Hasn't anyone else read their blog posts?

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/18/from-ray-muzyka/

"[M]y next ‘chapter’ will likely focus on an entirely new industry, something exciting, different and frankly downright scary – investing in and mentoring new entrepreneurs, and more specifically, the field of social/impact investing.
For me, [doing this] from the simple hope of helping the world to be a better place. To that end, I’ll also be spending time getting involved with more charities in education, health care, and animal rights, areas where my wife and I’ve typically focused our charitable donations in the past. I am also spending more time learning about the work being done to defend human rights and civil liberty across the world."

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/18/from-greg-zeschuk/
"After my departure I’m going to be spending significant time with family and friends, as well as pursuing some personal passion-driven projects related to craft beer. The main project I will be working on is a web-based interview show called The Beer Diaries where I interview notable brewers and showcase their beers. If things go well, I’ll work on other beer-related shows, apps and projects. If not, I’ll have drunk a lot of tasty beers and may be back in games or even something else completely different. Ultimately time will tell."

Even if we disregard all the praise towards EA and Bioware as something EA is forcing them to write, they both have clear goals on what they want to do in the future.