Anything else
BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:50 pm

If you imagine eating crap, it'll seem pretty toxic. :P

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:24 am

Piss and crap both contain stuff your body doesn't want to allow to get concentrated, but neither is particularly toxic.

Piss is sterile; some Eastern mystics drink their own every day. And there are weirdoes into sexual coprophagia. As disgusting as it is, the main danger is from E. coli.

There's still plenty of nutrition in crap. Luckily there are lots of coprophagic bugs out there, or we'd be drowned in literal crap, not just metaphorical crap like we are now.

Hey, what if Turner had a trained army of dung beetles to supply him with poo balls to fire at his enemies?

Turner: "Who goes there?"
Enemy: "An enemy."
Turner: "Stop or I'll shoot!"
Enemy: "You don't scare me!"
Splat!
Enemy: "Oh, shit!!!"

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:52 am

Feces are mainly undigestables, such as fiber, that aren't absorbed as they pass through your intestines.
The purpose of kidneys is to maintain electrolyte and pH balance, and to filter out water-solulable undesireables, such as nitrogenous wastes (which when built up are toxic - then again, anything is toxic at high enough concentrations).
Most toxins and poisons, such as ethanol, are metabolized in the liver; the byproducts of these are urinated out.

Hurrah for Biology 111.

If anyone here is interested in Quantum Mechanics as applied to chemical systems and atomic structures, I can say quite a few things about that as well. Chemistry 345 (Physical Chemistry) was my life for most of this past semester.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:09 am

Fournine, thank you very much...

Back to the Wii, I found this on Youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOuIL17GloU&NR
This may shock some of you who like the Wii remote and all, Not for Wii fanatics...

The_Spelunker

Post by The_Spelunker » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:38 pm

What's with the "bodily functions" discussion?

interesting video too...

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:54 am

Wiiiiiiii

So I played the Wii today, and it was a blast. My forearm is extremely tired though.

I played Wii Sports (all games) and enjoyed them all for the most part.

Boxing kicked ass (largely because I could beat up my friends who are 75 and 100 pounds heavier than me and 3-5 inches taller)

Golf was really good, if I played more to learn the nuances it would be loads of fun.

Tennis was really good, the only problem was the lack of control of the players position. It would be nice if the nunchuck was used to control positioning (or maybe if the AI for positioning was better).

Bowling was good, not much to say.

Baseball was just like any other baseball game, but more fun. Pitching kicks ass with an easy learning curve, and batting is a pain in the ass with a really hard learning curve. The base movement is really annoying: an outfield single should be able to advance a runner two bases.

I watched somebody play a FPS (dont remember the name) and it was really cool, although a shotty game, but from what i could tell a great introduction to FPS games using the Wii remote.

Somebody help Jeff get a Wii, cuz I want to be able to play without going over to my friends.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:00 am

Here's something cool I found - Nintendo is supposedly going to release a new Wii with new colors and a lower price tag in 2007.

http://dpad.gotfrag.com/wii/story/35840/

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:58 pm

Don't see why Nintendo should lower the price of the Wii when the DS prints money. :lol:

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:12 pm

And when it's impossible to find a Wii. Demand is crazy high. I haven't been able to get one yet and it's been a month. I almost got one today but...it's a long story.

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:04 pm

Me too.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:06 pm

I've played with it for a couple of hours today and tried Wii Sports, this weird swordfighting game (can't remember the name) and CoD3.

I think the controller does an okay job, better in Sports, but the effect of playing with a new toy wears off pretty fast.

That's when the game quality comes in. Aside from Sports, I haven't seen a cool game yet. And I have seen everything about any game that has been or is going to be released on the Wii that you'll find on the internet right now.

To sum it up: The only other title that could be entertaining to play is Zelda, but definitely not because of the controller.

If I had a Wii myself, I'd buy a better controller after a month max. and use the default thing for Sports only. And for similar games, of course.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:31 am

Red Steel and COD3 are both just terrible games on Wii; the new controls are actually very effective in Zelda.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:59 am

So there is hope :)

Red Steel, right. There's no blood on the blade in the whole game, even the title is stupid.

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:09 pm

I got to a Gamestop on Sunday four and half hours early to gt a Wii. Then these guys come two hours later and find a back way into the mall and cut me. . . They ended up getting Wiis and I didn't. . .

I did get Twilight Princess though. So now I'm all prepared for when I actually get one.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:53 pm

You gonna Smash em for that?
Thats what i did this guy who cut me in a line and got the last Chocolate bar.

I broke his arm in three places with a metal rod. :x