Dishonored Recommendation

Anything else
Coincidence

Dishonored Recommendation

Post by Coincidence » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:17 am

For all of you lonely gamers who have nothing to do over the coming days or weeks besides maybe find yet another hand-holding, objective pointing, point and click adventure game except where there is only one purpose to clicking and that is to make bullets fly out of a gun towards squishy blood-filled biological organisms; I have a recommendation for you.

Purchase Dishonored and do a playthrough on the highest difficulty setting picking up the ghost and no-kills achievements for every mission. It will challenge you and you will be surprised at exactly how many options the game gives you. Then after doing that playthrough, do another one where you freely murder and maim every man and woman in sight. And you will be even more astounded at the level of options you have available to you.

I did a no-kills run and found myself very happy and proud after the credits finally rolled. Now I am doing a kill everything run and it is sweet.

Korban3

Re: Dishonored Recommendation

Post by Korban3 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:12 pm

You mean...
it's not a generic pile of FPS slag...
like I originally thought?

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:39 pm

No, it's a first-person stealth game where you can either be a merciful saint who would never harm any of God's creatures, or a bloodthirsty Satan-worshiping maniac who conjures plague rats from the depths of hell to devour your enemies alive. And everything in between!

Just remember to turn the difficulty up, otherwise all the guards will contract conjunctivitis and will be to busy itching at their own eyes to spot you standing right in front of them.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Duly noted, is there a PC version? I own no consoles.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Dishonored is on Steam. Honestly, from what I've played of it, "Thief + Bioshock" is a decent although over-generalized description of the game.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Steam does not support Linux as of yet.
I suppose I could try it under WINE, but that's not going to run at any playable speed on this system.