Getting traced in the internet (please read I need help)

Anything else
Count Roland

Re: Getting traced in the internet (please read I need help)

Post by Count Roland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:56 am

I know, I have difficulty being an intentionally mean person.

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Why would an administrative board do back tracing of IPs if you were just trolling the school's website? That seems a little extreme. Don't they know not to validate trolls? (If you didn't do it, then that just validates them even more) When I was in school and someone did something that "whomever" disagreed with; the administrators would just call an assembly and talk about the virtues of hospitality and maintaining dignity within the school environment. And if they did end up finding out who did it, then they just gave them a firm slap on the wrist and told them not to do it again.

Maybe I think it's extreme because I am totally opposed to Orwellian personal surveillance unless the crime is severe and there is probable cause, but hey.

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Actually, on the topic of Orwellian surveillance, did you guys see that one story where a school in US (of course) has started giving its students little ID cards that they have to carry on their persons at all times and can be tracked? The justification is that it will make it easier to track student attendance and make sure that they don't go to bars or something when they are meant to be studying in their bedrooms.

What lovely is that it is actually less effective at tracking attendance then simply calling out names on a class roll, because the students can leave their cards with another student who is attending class and they will be registered as attending the class. And they can simply leave their cards at home in their bedrooms when they sneak out to bars or parties or something.

It's actually kind of cute seeing these stupid parts of the US try to grasp Orwellian ultra-surveillance, but not really know how to go about it. Their significantly more expensive technique is actually less effective then the traditional methods for monitoring kids.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:18 am

That's fucking insane. And hilarious. It's like they spent however many thousands of dollars without even thinking. My school does that too, but at least they don't make things worse.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:23 am

Also, a school in Texas reintroduced paddling. To a high school.
After a couple idiots acted up, got whooped infront of their friends by teachers and some paddles got holes drilled in them, discipline issues are at a record low.
Now all we need is a colloseum in every capital city for murderers and rapists...
Last edited by Korban3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:35 am

I actually like that idea, we spend way too much money on prisons that purport to rehabilitate criminals but are really just expensive boring ways of getting them out from underfoot..

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:37 am

But Rollie, my boy, my man, my brutha. Execution costs far far more than detainment, even lifelong detainment, due to the costs associated with appealing to courts and getting the equipment organized and getting permission and taxes and other shit. From a financial perspective, it makes no sense. Especially if you count the extra cost of building a colosseum.

Now, if you were to use the colosseum as a gladiator game-show where contestants fight to the death Mortal Kombat style, it might be able to be put to good use as a way of cutting down America's game-show contestant population, since they aren't doing anything else with their lives except populating the country with even more game-show contestants.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Thats the exact idea Korban had the Count Roland was speaking of. It would also be a great way to raise money.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Well, we could always use the murderers and rapists to cut the stone, transport it ancient-Egyptian style and construct the colosseum where we will later force them to kill each other.
But yeah, charge 5$ a pop to watch a fight, that colosseum would pay for itself within a few months anyways.
Also, fuck all those appeals. If you're found guilty, you get thrown in the arena. Our society is too soft anyways.