Freakiest thing in the world

Anything else
The_Spelunker

Freakiest thing in the world

Post by The_Spelunker » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:19 am

How did he do it?
This trick is just impossible.
Remember this: THE MAGICIAN DOES NOT KNOW ANY OF THESE PEOPLE! So, it is not staged at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFn0b-iJ8B0&eurl=

F.Y.I. this is Criss Angel from the show "Mind Freak" on A&E.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:12 am

Ohmygodsickdude.

:shock:

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:59 am

Come on, it's staged at least concerning the woman getting torn apart.

I think it's a woman without legs and either a clever apparatus or a midget for the legs. Or it's a camera trick.

Don't even think about taking such tricks for real.. It's always an illusion. People who could really do such things wouldn't jump up and down in front of a camera to show off in some american TV show.

Great trick!

The_Spelunker

Post by The_Spelunker » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:03 pm

This is not staged. That Magician (Criss Angel) always does tricks with random people, and his tricks are usually disturbing and impossible.

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:16 pm

read what you just said. Impossible. you know, like, it can't be done? That guy is very good at illusions but the only way you can know it wasn't staged is if you're him or the person he did it to. A good trick, but a trick all the same.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:56 pm

Argh, it's useless. In these discussions I always end up with the fact
that I can't prove anything, not even that fact itself.
I hate it. Can someone cure me from that?

I know this is just another trick, but at the same time I can't prove that that's not "magic".

Edit: lol, added "the" between "from" and "stupid".
Edit2: ...And changed the to that..... and removed stupid shit. I feel stupid.
Last edited by Crill3 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:33 pm

How about you track down the Guy and ask him to perform the same trick with some one else or even on you? It may be the more time consuming and Not the Greatest Approach but yea...

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:49 pm

That would end up with me NOT being torn apart. Pretty obvious.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:32 pm

Crill3 wrote:I know this is just another trick, but at the same time I can't prove that that's not "magic".

I hate it. Can someone cure me from stupid shit?
If anybody can cure you, it's this guy.

Anybody who this thinks the shit illusionists do is real, or even unexplainable, should visit his site, or better yet hear him speak. He has a standing $1 million challenge to anyone who can prove a claim to "unexplainable" or "irreproducible" super powers.

There's never been an illusion or trick he has failed to duplicate and explain. He has the same pay-offf for any psychic who answers a simple question: what's in the box on Randi's desk? One woman has been trying for 270 weeks. Result? Nothing.

If you want truly astounding "magic" see one of Ricky Jay's close-up magic performances. Limit: 50 people. No one is allowed in twice in a row. It truly is unbelievable and unexplainable (by you or me) but it's just illusion.

Fun, tho.

The_Spelunker

Post by The_Spelunker » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:00 pm

zatoichi wrote:read what you just said. Impossible. you know, like, it can't be done? That guy is very good at illusions but the only way you can know it wasn't staged is if you're him or the person he did it to. A good trick, but a trick all the same.
This wasn't staged, but I know its still an illusion. The fact that it seems impossible just makes it even more interesting.

loki J Lo
What's "what's a computer"?

Post by loki J Lo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:05 pm

Creepy...

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:59 pm

Keep in mind that magicians are professional liars, and impossible things do not happen. Therefore, since this is only possible with a lot of preparation and a pre-chosen, physically unusual, assistant, that must have been how it was done.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:11 pm

That's exactly why I like legerdemains like Ricky Jay: they'll do something simply unbelievable, spontaneously, while sitting within a couple feet of you.

You can watch them like a hawk, even know what it is they're doing to trick you, and you never see it. They don't need a stage and lighting and assistants and props, like David Pooperfield and Doug Henpecked: they just do it, and you sit there with your jaw on the floor.

And he cares about his art, not about stealing money-making ideas from people who are better than he is, or making a million bucks in Las Vegas.

PS: I like to believe that he would enjoy Lugaru, as I do, for the sheer joy and love of the medium that went into its creation. And I like to think that he would hope, as I sincerely do, that the next iteration doesn't lose the underlying magic that makes Lugaru unique.

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:22 pm

Unless he harness the power of chi.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:31 am

I can do that too! (Turns on lightsaber) Now just hold still lady......