Archive of Notable Events

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Archive of Notable Events

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:34 am

Jacktheawesome wrote:I too have fumed at the overwhelmingly better opposing team collectively saying "gg" after a game in which all they did was spawnkill us the whole time.
Spawnkilling isn't too frequent from what I've seen. It's very difficult to do. Say if you're defending the bombsite as CT's, charging up to the terrorists' spawn at the start of the round is likely going to get you killed. So, unlike most other games, I welcome camping the two bombsites as CT's. It's the only way to play. Anything else is generally suicide.

But one bit that does bother me is those FUCKS in Office playing as the terrorists that just sit in the little office plants camping. That's a major ton of gay. Me and the lads I play with have taken to calling it the plantcamp because of its frequency.

Also to whoever said gaming gets less frustrating and more fun when you're playing with friends, this is true, especially with CS. Me and a group of friends have a clan with about 8 of us called PSMI (stands for "Prism Syndicate Mech Infantry"). It's more of a joke than anything else but it's fun. What's not fun is people going "pro clan" and so on when we're losing as an ironic jibe. There's a lot of tryhards and no-life-nerds on CS that one-shot headshot you with the AK from 200 yards away and then berate you as a testament to their lack of social functionality.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:34 am

Once, I was getting killed every round by a single player who also happened to generally kill most of my team as well. Looked him up afterwards on the suspicion that the dude was a pro eSports competitor or something, and it turned out my hunch was right- he was in a professional clan and had participated in several cash prize tournaments, so I wasn't too surprised at his performance in-game.

Oh, except he was a she, and she was actually fairly attractive. Playing on the same server a few days later, she happened to be on my team, and I was rather amused by how, when she'd die once in ten rounds, she'd ask if anyone would give her an AK-47 (we were on CTs)- cue at least three to four people dropping AKs, every time. She also ragequit after killing four people in a row in as many seconds before being killed by a stray grenade. The neckbeards cried in dismay.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:31 am

Ragequitting in Counterstrike and leaving your team with a bot.

Dick move.

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:08 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:She also ragequit after killing four people in a row in as many seconds before being killed by a stray grenade. The neckbeards cried in dismay.
I guess this just goes to show that getting better at a game really doesn't make you ragequit less.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:57 pm

I don't think I can ever remember ragequitting anything. If a game makes me angry I just yell at my screen and that relieves the stress so I can keep playing. =P

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:20 pm

So there's only rage?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:09 pm

That was what I just said, yes. Good man yourself. Reading comprehension 101 here.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I don't think I can ever remember ragequitting anything. If a game makes me angry I just yell at my screen and that relieves the stress so I can keep playing. =P

just be careful not to throw your booze bottles at the telly

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:36 am

I don't really drink bottles. They cause clutter that I then have to recycle. Cans are the way to go. Or as we say here "a few tins".

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:09 pm

but andrew, it taste soo much better out of glass!

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:35 pm

underthedeep wrote:but andrew, it taste soo much better out of glass!
This man speaks the truth.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 am

Pssh. Who drinks beer for taste? Taste is only a fortunate byproduct of the real reason. =P

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Yes.

I've never enjoyed beer and I don't believe I ever will.

I exclusively drink whiskey and coke until I don't care about the taste anymore.

(honey whiskey isn't too bad with diet coke) :shock:

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:23 pm

Assaultman67 wrote:Yes.

(honey whiskey isn't too bad with diet coke) :shock:
I like the jack daniel's honey whiskey with 7UP

ACTUALLY SPEAKING OF WHISKEY AND 7UP!

You might enjoy a 7&7, which is Seagram's 7 Whiskey with 7UP

And if you are into cinnamon I recommend Fireball Whiskey with 7UP, it taste like those cinnamon hard candies that were around in the 1990's. Yummmm :P

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:19 pm

I drink a root beer if I'm feeling a little crazy.