Post your workstation, or hardware

Anything else
bloodycoathanger

Re: Post your workstation, or hardware

Post by bloodycoathanger » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 am

akazi wrote: Image It may not seem like much to people that have better, but for me it was quit the accomplishment.
i think its one of the sleekest and best looking setups ive ever seen.

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:21 am

bloodycoathanger wrote:
akazi wrote: Image It may not seem like much to people that have better, but for me it was quit the accomplishment.
i think its one of the sleekest and best looking setups ive ever seen.
Thanks! I think my Lego panda below my monitor really makes this setup. :mrgreen:

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Its kinda funny, almost everyone who's posted pictures has the same office chair. I even have that god damn chair, but mine's a hand-me-down and is falling apart.

I'm trying to get a good picture, but my office is kinda dark and my cellphone camera is balls.

I can at least post hardware:
Gigabyte SATA 990FX USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Seasonic X650 Gold 650W ATX12V Power Supply
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 OC Edition 2GB RAM PCI Express 3.0
2 - 4GB Corsair Vengeance 240-Pin DDR3 SRAM
AMD FX-8150 3.6GHz AM3+ 8-Core Processor
Cooler Master V8 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
NZHT Silent Midtower Case - Black

bloodycoathanger

Post by bloodycoathanger » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:01 am

i think all office chairs just look really similair, mine is definitly different from the other 2. i can tell because mine has an extra layer on the head rest. i got the big and tall commercial grade serta.
my favorite one ive had was a really expensive meshback chair that i left when i moved.

lets see some more setups people!!! i know they are out there

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:18 pm

bloodycoathanger wrote:lets see some more setups people!!! i know they are out there
I always forget to visit the Randomness thread... but this is my setup (although, I have a different monitor now, 27" Apple LED Display).

There were a couple other images I had floating around here as well: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6616&start=105#p116326

I definitely have a different chair than everyone else in this thread though. Although not pictured, it's one of these:

akazi

Post by akazi » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Pretty nice setup there Anton! Do you need anymore speakers? :lol: Nice chair as well, I couldn't afford that kind of chair unfortunately, so I bought a chair that apparently a lot of people have.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:32 pm

akazi wrote:Pretty nice setup there Anton! Do you need anymore speakers? :lol: Nice chair as well, I couldn't afford that kind of chair unfortunately, so I bought a chair that apparently a lot of people have.
We all need more speakers! I won't be satisfied until we can all support Dolby Atmos at home!

But in reality, it's always good to have different reference monitors to check music on. I could actually use some additional speakers. (I also don't have a surround rig, which could be really useful...)

My chair was an investment for sure, but considering how much I use it, it was totally worth it.

Van

Post by Van » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:33 pm

good to see people are posting away, good stuff.
my setup hasnt really changed that much
except for i moved house

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue May 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Got new hardware! : Image Got it about 2 or 3 weeks ago. AMD 8350 4.0 GHz default , 7870 OC edition 2GB, arctic silver 5, three free games, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Farcry 3 Blood Dragon.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue May 07, 2013 4:47 pm

PC is decent I guess, has a shitty processor that came with the computer (some old AMD 2.8ghz dual-core), nVidia 9600GT, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 640GB hard drive. Keyboard came with the base PC, it's some HP keyboard, mouse is an old Acer mouse that I am fond of. Headphones are a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-300s, cheap but decent.

PC and PS3 are both hooked up to monitor, PC via a VGA port (though I use a DVI adapter with my graphics card) and PS3 via a DVI port (with an HDMI adapter, I had an HDMI cable to start with so fuck it) Due to DVI not transmitting sound and my monitor lacking any sound capabilities to begin with, my PS3 gets audio via a red-white-yellow RCA cable with the red/white bits hooked up to an RCA-3.5mm adapter, which is plugged into a pair of shitty independently-powered speakers, which are used solely so I can provide power and adjust volume on my headphones. It's a bit of a fudgey set-up and there's a bit of static/interference, but it's not noticeable during gameplay.

Also as you can see, I am extremely tidy.

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue May 07, 2013 4:53 pm

My mind is blown away by the epicness that is tidy. :shock: :o