My friends got a Bafta award

Anything else
Endoperez

My friends got a Bafta award

Post by Endoperez » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:30 pm

You guys know BAFTA Games Award? It's a British thing. They give prizes to exceptional video games, and in other categories to other exceptional media.

https://www.bafta.org/games/awards/

Journey got lots of prizes, Gabe Newell got a lifetime achievement sorta prize, Far Cry 3, etc. Aaaand... a few of my classmates got themselves a prize! :shock:

pic.twitter.com/tZstlVvoHY

It was 'only' a Ones to watch award, in that their game was the best of all the student games made in one specific competition, but still... that's awesome! They were rocking on the same stage also visited by makes of Journey, Dishonored, by Gabe Newell... The official part finished half an hour ago, so they're probably drinking with the other winners right now!

Is that awesome or what?

They won it with Starcrossed, available for Windows Phone and Android. I believe the Android version is free.

Retarded Username

Re: My friends got a Bafta award

Post by Retarded Username » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Endoperez wrote:Is that awesome or what?
As if winning a BAFTA was an everyday thing...
Cheers for your friends!

Scrumpeh

Post by Scrumpeh » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:52 am

Awesome. :D :D :D

MasterVeemon

Post by MasterVeemon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:11 pm

Endoperez wrote:You guys know BAFTA Games Award? It's a British thing. They give prizes to exceptional video games, and in other categories to other exceptional media.

https://www.bafta.org/games/awards/

Journey got lots of prizes, Gabe Newell got a lifetime achievement sorta prize, Far Cry 3, etc. Aaaand... a few of my classmates got themselves a prize! :shock:

pic.twitter.com/tZstlVvoHY

It was 'only' a Ones to watch award, in that their game was the best of all the student games made in one specific competition, but still... that's awesome! They were rocking on the same stage also visited by makes of Journey, Dishonored, by Gabe Newell... The official part finished half an hour ago, so they're probably drinking with the other winners right now!

Is that awesome or what?

They won it with Starcrossed, available for Windows Phone and Android. I believe the Android version is free.
That's pretty amazing! Not many people get BAFTA awards.