So uhh....Xbox One

Anything else
akazi

So uhh....Xbox One

Post by akazi » Tue May 21, 2013 2:39 pm

What are your thought on the new revealed Xbox One? If you didn't see it yet: http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/hub/reveal

Ragdollmaster

Re: So uhh....Xbox One

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue May 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Pretty much what I expected. Didn't give much actual information. HOLY SHIT CALL OF DUTY SO ADVANCED. Waiting for E3 to see full specs and games.

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue May 21, 2013 2:59 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:Pretty much what I expected. Didn't give much actual information. HOLY SHIT CALL OF DUTY SO ADVANCED. Waiting for E3 to see full specs and games.
Really the only specs I can remember from the stream was 8 GB RAM and a blu ray player. The rest I forget. :s

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue May 21, 2013 3:03 pm

8GB RAM, 8-core x86-64 CPU, 500GB HDD, Blu-Ray. Pretty standard and boring shit. Didn't give any info to the GPU (Sony hasn't completely revealed theirs either but there has been given a rough estimate of its graphical power (~1.85 TFLOPs iirc))

Speaking of Sony, here's what happened to Sony stocks during the Xbox One reveal:

Nice.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue May 21, 2013 4:24 pm

That's actually hilarious.

Glabbit

Re: So uhh....Xbox Juan

Post by Glabbit » Tue May 21, 2013 6:34 pm

You guys are doing it wrong!
By example of Aubrey and decree of our IRC, this new console is now (also to avoid confusion with the first-generation xbox) only to be referred to as 'Xbox Juan'.

Also it is mandatory to envision the hardware complete with sombrero at all times.
Make it so.

akazi

Re: So uhh....Xbox Juan

Post by akazi » Tue May 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Glabbit wrote:You guys are doing it wrong!
By example of Aubrey and decree of our IRC, this new console is now (also to avoid confusion with the first-generation xbox) only to be referred to as 'Xbox Juan'.

Also it is mandatory to envision the hardware complete with sombrero at all times.
Make it so.
Damn, I never knew it would be like that. :cry:

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:8GB RAM, 8-core x86-64 CPU, 500GB HDD, Blu-Ray. Pretty standard and boring shit. Didn't give any info to the GPU (Sony hasn't completely revealed theirs either but there has been given a rough estimate of its graphical power (~1.85 TFLOPs iirc))

Speaking of Sony, here's what happened to Sony stocks during the Xbox One reveal:

Nice.
The stock shot up because people are expecting retaliatory news from Sony.

The real indicator is how MSFT crashed a bit after the news (of course that could be traders relying on "buy the rumor, sell the news")

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed May 22, 2013 4:28 pm

So going by news articles and so on it appears that uh, everyone hated it. Microsoft has been called everything from weak to confused. It's like they were trying to compete with an Apple TV instead of other consoles or something. They took their core for granted and assumed they'd already won over the hardcore gamers and could just focus on drawing the casual crowd in- I think they're going to be left with very few of either.

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed May 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:So going by news articles and so on it appears that uh, everyone hated it. Microsoft has been called everything from weak to confused. It's like they were trying to compete with an Apple TV instead of other consoles or something. They took their core for granted and assumed they'd already won over the hardcore gamers and could just focus on drawing the casual crowd in- I think they're going to be left with very few of either.
Yeah that's all that I have been reading from other peoples comments as well, that it is really focused on the T.V, but it can also play games. This sums up the Xbox One: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... bWgUO-Rqcw

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Thu May 23, 2013 5:36 pm

If you're facing an Xbox 360, you turn 360 degrees and are looking at it again.

If you're facing and Xbox One, you take one look and walk away.

Oh, and we're still expected to pay for a service that should be free, as the Xbox (to quote David) "continues to be the only platform that prevents indies from publishing.

Also, my two-year-old $800 computer still has better specs than the Xbox Juan. So all things considered, I'm not impressed, although to be fair, I never was impressed with any Xbox system.

dudeglove

Post by dudeglove » Fri May 24, 2013 4:19 am

Any theories on what people will eventually call it casually? The X-B-O? X-Bone? Xone (pronounced "Zone")? They'll probably just call it "Xbox" in a couple of years, because of how Kinect interprets the commands.

droog

Post by droog » Sat May 25, 2013 9:29 am

Xbox one? Uhm, no need. The interesting games are also available for pc. :)

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Sat May 25, 2013 4:50 pm

dudeglove wrote:Any theories on what people will eventually call it casually? The X-B-O? X-Bone? Xone (pronounced "Zone")? They'll probably just call it "Xbox" in a couple of years, because of how Kinect interprets the commands.
Everybody just calls the 360 the "Xbox" anyway.

Anyway, the hate for the Xbox One is ridiculous. I don't like consoles at all regardless but there's no reason to hate on the Xbox One so much. It actually looks pretty good for a console.
I think the only reason it's really being hated on is that everybody caught on to and believed the rumour that there was going to be a used games block. It was hyped up far too much and now, even though it's confirmed that used games are allowed, though RETAILERS are forced to pay an unknown fee, everybody's continuing to complain about it.(It's stupid that IGN and other big news sites haven't even reported on the confirmation that the fee's only for retailers btw)

I'm considering getting both a PS4 and an Xbox One if I can afford them next year, when some of the cool exclusives are out. They both look like good consoles and they'll hold some great games under their wings.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Fri May 31, 2013 3:21 pm

i honestly don't think i've ever been disappointed by any console i've owned since they all play new and current games perfectly fucking well so what is to bitch about.

but anyways fuck all this noise pc gaming ftw