What hobbies you guys have besides gaming?

Anything else
EPR89

Re: What hobbies you guys have besides gaming?

Post by EPR89 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:28 am

Hionimi wrote:Dancing is something I have a lot of respect for, I wouldn't be able to do it myself as I'm shy as Hell... :?
DAncing actually helps a lot with that. I'm pretty sure that when it comes to shyness and awkwardness you wouldn't stand a chance against me, triple grandmaster of shy. A friend of mine told me that I should try it and after three weeks of constant begging I finally decided to give it a try. I signed up for a class and added: "Uhm... I don't have a partner, though. Like... Is that... Is that a problem?"
Reply. "No, not at all. We'll get someone for you."

Especially when you are a guy, it is almost never a problem to find someone for you. And throughout the course you'll loosen up naturally. Dancing is absolutely perfect for that because you skip a bunch of steps usually involved in getting to know people. I mean, you literally have your partner in your arm from the get-go. That really breaks down walls. You'll start talking automatically.

Hionimi

Post by Hionimi » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:11 am

I see, I definitely hear a lot of good things from what you say. Really sounds like a good way to get in touch with people, um, not just literally. Of course my main hobby does get me to know people too, but mainly other dudes, females are rare in my current hobby, perhaps rarer than girl-gamers. :shock:

lesley64

Post by lesley64 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Hionimi wrote:Akazi and EPR89, you two seems to keep yourself in good shape then, hm? 8) Exercising is certainly something I should do too, not that I can't see my feet anymore, it just doesn't hurt to have some muscle. :lol: Dancing is something I have a lot of respect for, I wouldn't be able to do it myself as I'm shy as Hell... :?

I myself have also long kept to gaming, watching movies and drawing only. I felt however that I needed something that I could do outside, but... Less pointless. People always go on like: "Go biking, go running!" To which I respond with, um, where to? I just find it too boring to walk or bike aimlessly around.
Exactly like me!(Including the shy as Hell... :? Even posting to here was really difficulty). The only difference is that I write. Sometimes it's more like a work, cause I'm trying to make a book, but I do it a lot and give me pleasure, so...I think it's a hobbie.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:05 am

lesley64 wrote:Exactly like me!(Including the shy as Hell... :? Even posting to here was really difficulty). The only difference is that I write. Sometimes it's more like a work, cause I'm trying to make a book, but I do it a lot and give me pleasure, so...I think it's a hobbie.
Sorry to butt in, but it's not going to work very well for you if you write, and never show your writings to other people. That said, I do believe I know what you can do to solve this problem....

This month, there's this competition called NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write 50 000 words between 1.11. and 30.11. Anyone can compete, the website tracks your progress, my friends who write as a hobby participate.

The site tracks your progress (how many words you have written) against average writers of your own region, or your country, against other regions and countries. No one is going to notice you when you're just one of the tens of thousands of writers participating in this, but at the same time, you're sharing things about your writing to others. And if you finish it in time, you'll have written a full-length novel.

lesley64

Post by lesley64 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Endoperez wrote:
lesley64 wrote:Exactly like me!(Including the shy as Hell... :? Even posting to here was really difficulty). The only difference is that I write. Sometimes it's more like a work, cause I'm trying to make a book, but I do it a lot and give me pleasure, so...I think it's a hobbie.
Sorry to butt in, but it's not going to work very well for you if you write, and never show your writings to other people. That said, I do believe I know what you can do to solve this problem....

This month, there's this competition called NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write 50 000 words between 1.11. and 30.11. Anyone can compete, the website tracks your progress, my friends who write as a hobby participate.

The site tracks your progress (how many words you have written) against average writers of your own region, or your country, against other regions and countries. No one is going to notice you when you're just one of the tens of thousands of writers participating in this, but at the same time, you're sharing things about your writing to others. And if you finish it in time, you'll have written a full-length novel.
Man, thanck you so much! I will give a try!

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:48 pm

This is a chill thread. Posivibes.

If you're interested in screenwriting in addition to novel writing, you can always try Script Frenzy. Happens every April. 30 days, 100 pages. So much fun, even though I didn't finish. But then years later, I took a screenwriting class in college. We wrote a 90 page screenplay during the term. It was in the quarter system, so technically we had more time than Script Frenzy. Except that I am the...triple grandmaster of procrastination.shoutoutz to EPR89So I ended up living in a coffee shop for 5 days straight, chugging free refills, typing furiously. By the end, my fingers were shaking uncontrollably. But I finished. It was kinda an ecstatic feeling, completing a project of that immensity, to hold it in my hands. I love writing.

I like to dance. I'm not great, it's just fun. Except in clubs. I hate dancing at party scenes for some reason. I guess I'm never drunk enough. Mm. Now that I think about it, it's definitely that.

Dancing will help a great deal with shyness. Don't get me wrong, it won't change your temperament. I'm introverted af and that's not gonna change. What dancing will do is build your confidence, coordination, fitness. All awesome things.

x

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:35 pm

I liek to shoot guns n model n program n stuff.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:38 am

Korban3 wrote:I liek to shoot guns n model n program n stuff.
Pretty much this minus the modeling. :P

Vespabros

Post by Vespabros » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:14 pm

I love to play piano, been taking lessons for about 6 or 7 years now. Any other musicians?

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:48 pm

Trombone, for about 5 years. Haven't played for a while though.

Vespabros

Post by Vespabros » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Korban3 wrote:Trombone, for about 5 years. Haven't played for a while though.
My favorite horn instrument hands down. I still don't know how people play those, so i just go by the (presumably wrong) assumption that trombonists use muscle memory to find the notes.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:13 pm

When I was in Elementary I used to play the Cello, actually enjoyed it some.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 am

Vespabros wrote:My favorite horn instrument hands down. I still don't know how people play those, so i just go by the (presumably wrong) assumption that trombonists use muscle memory to find the notes.
Check out a band called Quattrombones, they do really good (and sometimes silly) music with trombones. Like, Flight of the Bumblebee. Whooooooa.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 pm

It actually is mostly muscle memory. Some of them are a bit easier. First is all the way in, third is so that your fingers are about level with the bell, fourth is the very back of the slide's tubes level with the bell and the rest are muscle memory.
On higher notes, it starts to go sharp, so you learn to kick the slide out a hair to bring it in as well.

Flight of the Bumblebee? Das cray cray

Such brass
wow music

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Ha