Anything else
Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:46 pm

Not in the sky, I'm thinking.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:26 pm

You'd never guess what happened today. An old teacher of mine (Ms.Brown), who became a great friend and almost a second mother who taught my 4th grade died. She was so cool. I was in one of her plays in the 4th grade, but fucked it all up. I forgot my lines. I played piano instead. My last words to her were, "Peace Ms.Brown! See you later." Before that, I cannot remember what I said. I regret not saying something more inteligent. I regret not asking for forgiveness for fucking the play up and making the other dude with my roll attend all the plays. Today, I cried. I decided I'm going to do all the things she ever wanted me to do. And I'm going to quit smoking. I'm going to bring my grades as high as possible, and I'm going to try my best to succeed. I thought you should all know this.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:49 pm

Sorry for your loss.

But it's always good trying to become a better person. Keep us updated about your progress, if you don't mind :)

I never had such a grounding moment (dunno whether these words fit here..). Seems like it's really something that produces impulse.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:03 am

Yah... I seriously cried though. She was like a second mother... literaly :( . Well, I'm going to do what she always made me do: look at the positive side of things and forget about the negative, but in some cases this is not the way to go. But in this case it is. She taught me lessons, even if she didnt mean to. And her dieing made me want to do things right.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:24 am

OK, so that sorta made me cry too. Let's agree not to be ashamed together, 'cuz sometimes crying is good for the right reasons.

It's amazing how some people can have such an effect on your life, and probably not even realize it. But you should realize she probably understood you, or she wouldn't have that effect, and you probably wouldn't have needed to apologize or say something more intelligent. She just got you.

And she taught you. Good for both of you. Keep on keeping on.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:32 am

You are very wise, Usagi.

...I think I'm tearing up a little.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:27 pm

the Dead hand of revenge has crawled up from its tomb to resurrect this thread.

this starts out a rant, but I want some help with the other bit...

I am really Pissed off with my mom.
Just the other day she Came home in a bad mood and decided to start an argument. with my mom, she has yelled so much that I genuinely have Industrial Class hearing. I try not to finish up all the food in a container and leave it in the fridge cause she might yell at me, and I know first hand she will, and she yells at me for NOT finishing it up. ether way you cant win.

Just the other day I was working on one of my filming projects. (Yea, I am a wannabe Director) and here and behold she decided to be a bitch and shuts off the Mains. I lost a whole days work.

Before any one goes off into there moral bullshit, I tell you I have thought out things morally: What Goes around Comes around.
and I shall be that hand that Helps it come around.
but I need hep with Ideas on how to get my mother back.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:21 pm

Don't bother; it's not worth it.

If what goes around comes around, all you can expect from continuing the circle is to have it swing around and hit you in the back of the head.

Just forget about it. If she did it by mistake, then there's nothing to repay. If she did it on purpose, then she's fucked up, and all you stand to gain by trying to replay her is to fuck yourself up.

Make a movie about how fucked up she is and make a gazillion bucks. Living well is the best revenge. And the longer it takes, the better: Revenge is dish best served cold.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:15 am

Treat her to dinner out of the blue and tell her you love her for all that she's done for you. That's the stuff that knocks mothers out.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:17 am

Dude, that is some of the best advice ever given on this forum.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:46 am

rudel_ic wrote:Treat her to dinner out of the blue and tell her you love her for all that she's done for you. That's the stuff that knocks mothers out.
I was gonna say hit her across the back of the head with a shovel and then bury her under a bridge...but yeah, dinner works.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:16 am

Grayswandir wrote:
rudel_ic wrote:Treat her to dinner out of the blue and tell her you love her for all that she's done for you. That's the stuff that knocks mothers out.
I was gonna say hit her across the back of the head with a shovel and then bury her under a bridge...but yeah, dinner works.
Great minds think alike :twisted:

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:32 am

No, fools think alike. Great minds run in the same track.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:44 am

Huh, I think it's more like "some people think alike".
Why does being a fool or a genius change that?

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:16 pm

PWN3D.... Usagi. :P I bought my mom dinner once, so she bought me Maya for my birthday. It works :D .