Look, I'm european, we know the value of other people's opinions :shock:

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:25 pm

That is a mighty sad but true point Grey... :cry:

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:32 pm

Alcohol, cigarettes, and the classic drugs are ALL the definition of drugs (going off my DARE education here :p)
I've tried a couple, haven't gotten addicted, but all in all? it's basically throwing away money and your health for a moment of faked fun. Want some real, healthy fun, purely on a physical point of view?? get laid. I don't recommend it before you're 18, but hey, that's your decision.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:43 pm

Skateboarding is also fun (once you're on a certain level where you don't fail 90% of the time), but not healthy at all. And expensive. And damn addictive.

I think skateboarding is even worse than a lot of drugs! I love it nonetheless.

Not skateboarding is a crime!

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:10 pm

Just going out and running is a great legal high :)

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Grayswandir wrote:Talking about the pointlessness of posting on the internet.
I am not sure why you posted this if you really believe what you are saying. In my experience it is definitely possible to convince people of things, even online; it just won't happen during the discussion itself. Later, when pride is no longer on the line, arguments actually start to sink in.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:32 pm

Nayr wrote:Alcohol, cigarettes, and the classic drugs are ALL the definition of drugs (going off my DARE education here :p)
I've tried a couple, haven't gotten addicted, but all in all? it's basically throwing away money and your health for a moment of faked fun. Want some real, healthy fun, purely on a physical point of view?? get laid. I don't recommend it before you're 18, but hey, that's your decision.
Well, that has its own problems. Just make sure that you discuss what you're going to do when birth control fails. Child support isn't exactly cheap.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:18 pm

David wrote:
Grayswandir wrote:Talking about the pointlessness of posting on the internet.
I am not sure why you posted this if you really believe what you are saying. In my experience it is definitely possible to convince people of things, even online; it just won't happen during the discussion itself. Later, when pride is no longer on the line, arguments actually start to sink in.
Nothing is wrong with posting on the internet...but trying to argue about something on the internet is pointless...my reasoning came from the fact that most people I've talked to in chat or on a forums aren't usually as open or willing to listen as people here are.

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:10 pm

For those of us who are either under 18 or totally inept with the ladys how about take a fencing class or an advanced gymnastics class.

You want a high that will last? Go hand-to-hand with an old western style sword. I defy anyone to come up with something that gives you that amount of a thrill with the same amount of safety.

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:55 pm

eastern martial arts, including japanese/chinese/whatever sword-styles are more fun, imho.

P.S. What the hell is up with having to click submit >5 times? that's so damn annoying!

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:01 pm

zatoichi wrote:P.S. What the hell is up with having to click submit >5 times? that's so damn annoying!
If it doesn't work the first time, refresh the page to resend your post data and it'll work instantly.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:08 pm

Sorry, late on topic: in my experience people who have a problem with smoking too much weed, grew into that habit because they lacked any other strong source of interest. I'm not sure weed is the root problem there. My experience is limited though. I'd be curious to know of examples to the contrary.

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:25 pm

actually, that seems to be true. The potheads I know have no life.

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:36 pm

I'll agree with that and I can't say they seem dumber than when they weren't potheads. As more and more studies seem to prove that marijuana isn't that detrimental, I am becoming less and less against it's use by others but I still do not wish to use it simply because I see no benefit to using it and I love logic and rationality so much I would just hate to ever be in such an altered mental state as marijuana would provide.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:04 pm

rudel_ic wrote:Look, I'm european, we know the value of other people's opinions :shock:
There is great irony in this sentence.