Muzak Thread Redux

Anything else
invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:17 am

Listening to linking park now. 8) . I also like "They might be giants" and a load of other songs I don't actually know the name of.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:47 pm

wormguy wrote:I highly approve of the Chili Peppers.
Agreed, I'm reading Scar Tissue.
Grammys does not interest me.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:34 pm

Nuky wrote:I gotta say I love anything from Carbon Based Lifeforms to Hallucinogen to Dream Theater to Asura to Nuky to anything that's not on the pop scene today.

(Also, wormguy, how emo of you. Judging groups and bands and projects by their inpopularity is just as bad as listening to stuff just cause it's popular. Listen to what YOU like. [although it's nice of you to support those scenes. And you got some nice ones in your list =D])
Do you think I'd listen to music just because it's not popular? There are plenty of small-time bands that I dislike. (Also, if I were emo, all I'd do is listen to horrible bands anyway.) The reason I put popular tags in there was because I generally prefer pointing out bands that people haven't heard of, but those bands are so good that they deserve mentioning anyway.

I definitely don't judge bands by their popularity, hence liking the Chili Peppers and Cake (I should add Incubus to the list as well. Incubus ROCKS). I just find that when some bands get popular, they become too concerned with pleasing the crowd and lose what made them fun to listen to in the first place. Case in point: Green Day.

Want to know one of the reasons I love Radiohead? Each of their albums has a completely different feel. I can tell Amnesiac from Kid A just by the style of the music. The Chili Peppers are quite adept at this as well. But when bands just rehash their style into similar songs, it gets repetitive and annoying to listen to. (My Chemical Romance, anyone?)

Anyway, I have discovered that F-Zero GX's soundtrack rocks. Kudos to Hidenori Shoji.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:43 am

wormguy wrote:I don't like mainstream music. I like listening to the stuff that makes people say "Who are these guys?"
:wink:

Yes, I understand. Just wanted to point out that ^

I also agree about how bands who gains some popularity changes to get even more. Too many of them changes for the worse and ends up failing.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:57 am

Crill3 wrote:Lemme just give a huge thanks for Albab for indirectly introducing me
(in the old thread) to Porcupine Tree, because now it has become one of my favourite bands, especially since I got the DVD and saw them live :D

Right now, I listen mostly to PT, Meshuggah and some Deftones.
I just finished downloading every song ever recorded by porcupine tree. Really good stuff, but it's almost absurd how trippy it is a lot of the time. They put the Psyche in psychedelic. It doesn't say on that list since I just got into them, but on the electronic side of things, I'm really into infected mushrooms. Good stuff. One of the better psy-trance acts I've heard.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:31 am

I like The Killers, there's nothing wrong with that is there? They're not like Coldplay or anything?

I don't like all their songs (I'm sick of Somebody Told Me now), but Sam's Town and When You Were Young are really cool, for now at least.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:25 am

Nuky wrote:I also agree about how bands who gains some popularity changes to get even more. Too many of them changes for the worse and ends up failing.
...like System of a Down.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:59 am

Zantalos wrote:I like The Killers, there's nothing wrong with that is there? They're not like Coldplay or anything?

I don't like all their songs (I'm sick of Somebody Told Me now), but Sam's Town and When You Were Young are really cool, for now at least.
The Killers are awesome. Hard fact.

Sam's Town wasn't as much fun to listen to as their first album, but I still love the Killers.

Also, Franz Ferdinand.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:49 pm

They (The Killers) don't suck at least, I don't listen to them.
It has to be the most uninspired name for a band ever (unless they've commented on it?).

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:00 pm

No, most uninspired band name ever goes to The Cars.

Albab

Post by Albab » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:09 am

I think I seem to remember some fragmented image of them saying something about "The Killers" being "Killers" in the sense of "Ladykillers". Not very original.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:59 am

I like The Killers. :)

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:29 am

Yo that's because Jeff is freaken awesome and has good taste in music, games, and everything. Yeah!

Blam that.

Albab

Post by Albab » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:00 am

Blam.

Do I win? Wait... Yeah, that was stupid. I think I loose. I'm trying to think of a way to put this higher than where it is now, but make it so you read the other thing first. ...Yeah, yeah. No.

Edit: Sweet mother of peas, this here is my 666th post. Halleluje-whatever.
Last edited by Albab on Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:20 am

Albab has 666 posts. :twisted:

In other news, check out MintJam. Fantastic guitar work, that.