Anything else
Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:20 pm

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by Phoenixwarrior141 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

EPR89

Re: Hobby You should Try

Post by EPR89 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:38 am

Yeah, roleplaying is pretty cool.
In some cases I consider it essential. Try playing Skyrim without doing that.
Feels like a chore.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 am

Last edited by Phoenixwarrior141 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:00 am

Since you like writing, you could also try reading. There's this online series called Wormthat's awesome and has enough text to fill about 22 novels. I don't know if you have enough time for that, but one of the interesting things about it is that the author wrote a new chapter twice (or thrice) a week for more than two years. I don't know if he ever missed an update, although he pulled out at least one chapter because he thought it was bad. If you're interested in writing, you could try doing some sort of a challenge yourself. NaNoWriMo is almost over, but you could try doing something like that on your own.

Any way, some more fanboying about Worm:
That's an incredible amount of writing... and he didn't start off bad, and he grows as a writer as he goes on. It's one of my favourite things I've ever read, and it's a first pass without editing. It's basically a superhero/vigilante/supervillain (depending on your point of view) story with grey morality and bad things going on. "Unkillable godzillas" level bad things. Then the situation, both the heroine's personal problems and the global setting, keeps getting worse while the writing and story keep improving.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:02 am

I'll have to try it out

I also read the Portal 2 Lab Rat comics
The Wolfire OG comic
And the TF2 series of comics