Need help?

Anything else
leDoOd
What custom title?

Need help?

Post by leDoOd » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:22 pm

I've got a friend, not a great friend but a friend anyways, who's recently started to become really attached to my girlfriend. Like, when we're walking around holding hands, he'll stop mid-sentence, stare at us holding hands, and he'll make an angry sort of face and just become mopey and depressed and shit. And when I'm not around, my girlfriend says he does weird stuff to her, like pokes her a lot, scratches her knee, puts his hand on her shoulder etc. When I'm around, he still does it but not as much, but he always stares at her, he always laughs at everything she says even if it's not funny, and he makes it really apparent that he likes her.

His main problem as far as I can see is my girlfriend is one of the two girls he talks with, and the other girl is his band buddy who hates him because he was doing the same thing to her.

I need to tell him to step off of my girl, but he's a friend and I don't want to lose him as a friend (he's cool otherwise). I've already told him to stop doing the weird pokey shit in front of me, which he has to some extent. But he's really bothering me, and I don't really know what way to approach this.

Anyone got any ideas? Please be serious, this is taking a piss on my life at the moment.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:31 pm

Can you just say to him, "Dude, we gotta talk. Are you hot for my girlfriend? 'Cuz you sure act like it, and it's totally not cool with her, or me, and it's affecting my friendship with you. What's up?"

Or is he not that good a friend, or that kind of friend?

Or is that too in-your-face for you? It would be a tough conversation, and I wouldn't blame you for wanting to avoid it. But it is the most direct way.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:53 pm

I could be able to do that, but if there are any other ideas I'd like to hear them before doing that.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:19 am

Well... I ask you, what was his history with your girlfriend?
Is he lonely? and what are your Girlfriends thoughts on him? and were about dose he poke her? :|

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:17 am

Tell him if he doesn't leave your girlfriend alone, that you'll cut off his fucking head in his sleep, scoop out the insides and fucking eat cereal out of that shit.

He should leave you alone.

Oh and if you've ever seen the Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan, you know that you have to confront him in the act everytime he does it. Maybe not a spontaneous decapitation right then and there, but a quick "the hell are you doing to my girlfriend?" Or "sshhhhh!" and then poke him in the neck, snap him out of it. Give him a treat when he's done.

Oh and show him your avatar, it's hypnotizing.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:47 am

Sweet, Wolfire's first E/N thread :)

You should tell your girlfriend not to let him poke her, tickle her, etc. and make it clear that she is not interested... (or is she?) This guy may just be clueless or overly hopeful. Also, are we talking high school or college?

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:51 am

I'd just tell it to him like it is :) . Approach him when your girlfriend isn't around, and tell him, "(sigh) **** ** ****** *****er *** ****, piss off, and dont touch my ******************** girlfriend, ********. I've got 12 motha****ers on my side, so go flirt with some other chick. Highschool has a whole lotta girls, and this one is... TAKEN!" Although, I live in CA, and people cuss at eachother just for the heck of it, you might not want to go with my plan unless you have stoner friends. If you want to act nice, then I'd go with Usagi's plan :D .

Edit: Oh yah, and this dude sounds REALLY creapy. I wouldnt want a friend like that. Especially if he's trying to ruin your game. Remember: Don't hate the playa, hate the game (And I'm not saying your friend has game, cause he obviously doesn't have ANY, what so ever) .

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:52 am

If you tell him to stop all that and your girlfriend does, too, he'll stop. Otherwise, break up with him. You may think that he's cool, but he may be not that cool after all.

Don't worry, friends who make your life a mess without cleaning up are not really friends. I've had such situations as well. Getting rid of weird people is always better than getting used to them.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:12 pm

Hella tru dat!

hamish_123

Post by hamish_123 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:45 am

Why dont you as some real (not on a forum) people about your retarded friend who seems to have a fetish for knees, or dont you know any you fucking nerd?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:00 am

Right. Why don't you. Fucking nerd. Stronge words.

... What?? :lol: What are you trying to say? Haha, another weird post. That's why I love the internet.

Edit: Oh wait, I get it. It's ASK. Hah, almost got me there.

We're all real here, buddy.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:09 am

Best choice I see is to talk to him about it...don't go beating around the bush either, just be up-front and tell him what you're having a problem with. Ask him to stop, if he refuses (or doesn't...), then just stop hanging out with him entirely. IMO, the only thing that'll really get him to stop is if she tells him that she A) thinks it's creepy, and B) isn't interested in him at all. Sure, he may be hurt for a while and won't talk to you, but he'll get over it.

hamish_123

Post by hamish_123 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:14 am

the potency of my comment was just hurt alot by your post you fucking idiot...you may be real piss lips but who gives a shit why doesnt he ask an actualy person in person....this is a game forum...may be on randomness but god fuck off you retarded idiot

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:20 am

GTFO hamish.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:55 am

Hah, what if I have and no one can give me a solid answer or an unbiased answer? I came on here because I don't know anyone in real life, so they could give me an answer that isn't completely on one side of the argument. Not because I'm a "fucking nerd". Why you couldn't see that is beyond me, even much fucking sister who's 11 understands.

Seriously, if you think I don't have people-to-people skills because I asked an honest question to get an honest answer, then you can go have sex with the mailman. People with no brains like you piss me off.