Stolen identity?

Anything else
invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:28 pm

Crill3 wrote:Time to STOP!
This humor heat is only powerful in small amounts.
Thank god.
Anyways, the original question. What would you do if someone stole your identity online?

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:34 pm

Nothing. They have the right to have any name they want :| . You could just ask them for their account information and ask them to get a new account :P . But that's just a thought....

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:02 pm

yeah I gotta say you're blowing this way out of porportion. It's not like you own the name. They can use any name they want. Just make a new name. It's not that hard.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:32 pm

Lets see...

Tiergan, taken. (I didn't invent it anyway)
Vrai, Taken. (I made this one up myself, but it's only a 4 letter word.)

But Invertin has been me since the first da I used it, everyone reckognises Invertin as me, and now someone else is going round with my name. It's like identity theft without knowing it, whoever it is should have used a different name, but I understand what your saying.

Think about it this way, if your name was.. Say, Evilpumpkin, and lots of people reckognise you as Evilpumpkin, you try to be the Evilpumpkin you always are, and you find there is another. It's hard to describe what it feels like.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:08 pm

invertin wrote:you don't know how to beat chuck norris?
Watch this. And then Mr. rogers'll stop himself!
It's a beautiful day in the slaughterhood.

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:01 pm

For some reason, the way you're reacting to this really bugs me. I mean, let's say that this happened in the real world. You live in a town, where everyone knows your name. Then you decide to move. Someone in the new town has the same name as you. Everyone knows them as that name, and not you. Is that identity theft? Should that person have picked a different name? Of course not. I fail to see how this is any different. You don't get dibs on a name everywhere on the internet simply by using it one or two places.

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:25 pm

My advice:

Deal with it. Your name definitely wasn't stolen. You have no exclusive right to the name invertin.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:22 am

lol invertin isn't even a name, it's a word, of course it's going to be used be someone else, it's in the dictionary!

My name is sometimes taken too, but Zantalos is also Zantalo and Xantalo(s). So I just use any of the 3 other names if one's taken.

This one time, when I was looking for Usagi a long time ago when he wasn't back yet, there was this other account on Gamespot that was called Usagi. I was all excited and pm'd him if he was him and he was like, "no, I'm not."

Ok, nevermind that, you should make up a name that is either ok to have numbers or 's's or whatever add on behind it, are just make it so original that it's actually yours. Yeah, you'll have to start your reputation over I guess but... seriously, that's not that bad.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:00 pm

Chuck Norris, eh? Hah! Chuck Norris is a mere ant under Oscar Wilde's soles! Long live Oscar!

Dude, I've gotten pretty much all my nicks stolen.
i3 - one of my shortest nicks, and shortest kept ones (by another musician, actually, which means there was two at a very short timespan =O)
Nuky - I'm still keeping this though. At least as artist name for now. (I don't see why "Nuky" is so popular amongst brazillian women and russian men)
Adakar - My first RP character (It seems this name got stolen by a place in africa... and a card in a cardgame)
Hell, even my insidejoke nick got stolen: Nukita
etc...

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:04 pm

Place two random words together to get a screen name...that's how I make mine (except for the one I'm currently using...) You can get some interesting ones that way.

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:15 am

I'll use Hiriad......

Registering...

....WTF!? I invented hiriad and it is taken!?

I'll try.....
I'm actually out of names, I've tried to make an account so many times I'm out of names to use. All taken. Something is wrong here.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:17 am

Hang on, there might be an error in the system or something, try searching for posts by Hiriad or something (If it's a postless account this won't work of course, but it's a start)

Er, actually, that's a silly thing to do since you can't tell if it's because of no posts or not.

v-nix
gr8 notebook artist

Post by v-nix » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:29 am

if somone stole the name zinic (NOT using it now because i wanted somthin different)

i would tranquize them,
rip their eyes out,
put them in a dark room, hang them upside-down,above a pool of their own blood (pool 2ft deep or deeper),
with chains inside their arms keeping him/her up
and slowly push more and more knives into his/her mouth
that what i did last time

because i made it up when i was 5 and it kept with me
same with zike, cecatra, zikane( i thought it up before i played final fantasy 9 ,im still tryin to fnd the guy who made it up then)and kjavike

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:02 pm

Holy ****, your crueler than colicedus!

v-nix
gr8 notebook artist

Post by v-nix » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:16 pm

I AM EVIL!!!
oh, just to prove it i got the idea from a dream i had (i was doin it it the final fantasy 9 guy who thought he might just take my name BEST DREAM EVER!)...
to bad my dream wasnt real, iv even got a symboll of evil i drew! its gonna be my avatar when i scan it.
Last edited by v-nix on Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.