Games that just aren't here

Anything else
BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:42 am

ROFLMAYONNAISE! :lol:

Mispronouncing words is definitely a good hobby. (Got that from XKCD, thanks Silb! Wobsite + Blag = Hilarity.)

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:23 pm

Great word, dude...anyways, the one game that's missing is a sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day that: 1. Isn't a goddamn port/2. Stays true to the funny "everyday items with eyes" look Rareware is known for and 3. just generally doesn't suck or suffer from a bad case of sequelitis...same goes for the Oddworld series...and I would say same for the Banjo-Kazooie series but the first two for the N64 were good enough for me :P

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:43 am

Heads up! GTA 4, still no idea what the hell that game is, no screenshots, settings, previews, nothing! But the trailer is coming out in just 1 day and 16 hours!

Location bets!

I think Japan.

Szs315 says, Somewhere in United States (Detroit, or Campton) or South America.

Rudel says London, or Germany (In Hamburg).

Final last minute guesses people!

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:48 am

I want either a new Guilty Gear or a new Street Fighter. Something to satisfy my 2D gaming needs.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:49 am

I want a GTA: Stockholm :P

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:52 am

GTA 3400?

Set in the Time of Flying cars, Space Travel, and all the other Si Fi stuff!
now THATS what I want. :twisted:

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:00 am

Aww, it's going to be 3:00 pm when this trailer is released. That means I'll be riding home after this video is launched and miss the countdown timer. Darn!

I want to see a Grand Theft Auto: Starwars.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:48 pm

It's yet another US-american big city. You all know it, it's veeery popular. There's a song about it from a male singer who actually stopped drinking and smoking when he was showering. It's in the east of the land of the not-so-free and many cultures come together there. The most important french woman of your country is hanging out there. And now, we can beat up immigrants and sexually troubled people in the suburbs of one of the most important cities of the western financial world! What an exciting gameplay idea! What a unique setting!

At least the cars look new. And they seem to have stuffed the baby with shaders to the rim. Woohoo.

I'm disappointed. They could have taken Kopenhagen, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, Madrid, Cairo or some other more interesting town. I mean, you know the skyline, the bridges, all of it. No surprises there. I was just as pissed off when they came along with Vegas, LA and SF the last time. Booring.

I hope they'll come up with an interesting plot, the trailer isn't promising at all if you ask me..

Anyway, this game will get hyped to the max, so.. I'll shut up now. I can't help it anyway.

Szs315
Closet Mac lover

Post by Szs315 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:16 pm

NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:42 pm

New YOOOOOOooooRK!

Man, that game looks killer. Dude, that game makes Saint's Row look like complete garbage. That game... it blows my mind, wow.

Just the way objects look due to lighting, the way that car reacts when it drives over little bumps in the road, the indoor environments are beautifully done, people are just walking around the streets with grocery bags and purses in their arms. Grand Theft Auto 4 looks fantastic!

You get to be an Eastern European guy.

And now, we probably won't see anything about it again until... Gee, maybe August.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:58 pm

It's like, what the hell man, this is like movie cinema good. I can not believe this is in-game footage, and I'm watching it right now.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:36 am

:lol: :lol: Watch the last skit. It's hilarious :P ! http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=23194

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:06 am

Brigades.
Brigades is (was) a story driven mass combat battle game in which two robotic armies face off for posession of The Isles of Bellum. You take on the role of Captain Clamor as he defends his base against an invading army and their leader, the evil Madam Malum.

Blow them to bits, then rebuild them as allies! Turn their army into yours, then send your massive force back against them. The final battle at Castle Stultus awaits...
It's Digipen though.
http://www.digipen.edu/GameGallery/websites/Brigades/

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:42 am

How would them setting the game in Brazil or Egypt or Denmark or somewhere make the game better in some way? That's not what people are looking for. You ask why they put it in New York, but why not?

Oh and Grand Theft Auto does not need to have a good plot....it's Grand Theft Auto?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:25 pm

Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2 don't need plot, the guy who was doing that section quit and created the monster also known as Crackdown.

In San Andreas you started out as some wife beater gansta dude running away from the cops on your bicycle, and robbing pizza places with your doped up family homeboys. But by the end you're stealing jet packs from area 69, working with the asain mafia, and flying harriers out of American aircraft carriers to your own personal landing strip in the desert.

Hell yeah. That story was epic.