NIGHTMARE

Anything else
Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:33 pm

Do you want me to make a drug joke?

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:35 pm

This nightmare scared me at the time ( i was only 6 >< it was almost 10 years ago ) when i had it, since i was so young and got scared when a friggn bird flew past my head. Anyhoo, in this nightmare i dreamed that i woke up and walked down my hallway. Then in the middle of my living room was a weird table with mysterious inscriptions in the center. There was a puzzle box on it ( work with me here, i know it's random O_O ) and all the other furniture was pushed away. The door closed beside me and the puzzle box suddenly opened up and put itself together, except when it did it was a picture of a floating skeleton head. Then it burned up. I ran back to my room only to find a big skeleton there with a scythe, who i presume was the grim reaper because i vaguely remember watching some horror movie about him at the time. He laughed really evil and then slashed me, and then i woke up.

My more random and demented ones include giant pumpkins, floating sandwiches that are spears, and crop circles, so i'm not gonna relate anymore :lol:

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:23 am

Scariest dream ever.

Seriously it freaked me out.

Some people dream about some things happening, some people dream about nothing happening. I dreamt that everything happened. Everything I thought would happen, knew did happen, wished would happen, wished that wouldn't happen, all happened in one dream at the same time, like every second was a different piece of a different story and it was so confusing it was scary.

That dream was so messed up.

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:40 am

I don't have nightmares often, but i remember part of one...

ok, it was a long dream and a nightmare none the less, but i can't remember what it was. it ended like this tho:

BTW i sleep on the lower bunk of a bunk bed, my bro slept on the top at the time.

i woke up and was all scared but i tried to go back to sleep. I noticed something dripping from the top bunk. I jumped out of bed and turned around to see the silhouette and glowing eyes of some kind of wolf or wolfish creature standing over the bloody corpse of my older brother on the top bunk. I edged toward the door and the creature made no move, it just growled. I then looked down to a box that was randomly to the side of the bed. There was another growl and another of the wolf creatures jumped out from behind it at me. I woke up for real then...

Also whenever i'm really sick, like a fever or worse, i have a weird dream that i guess you might call a nightmare. All i can remember is that it's just like a box of marbles or gravel or sand and they're all scraping past each outher trying to fit this box perfectly. There aren't any ppl, just this chaotic square of things trying to fix together. Occasionally they get close, but then one goes in and it all breaks up again. It's like watching the fuzy screen on tv and give me that horrible nails-on-chalkboard feeling of chaos.... *shudder*

Ameefmu

Post by Ameefmu » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:06 am

Usagi wrote:All my worst nightmares involve tornados.
Tornadoes have always been my biggest fear.
Apart from losing all my friends/family etc. etc.

My most hated nightmare?
Probably the recurring ones, they may not be terrifying. but if i know im going to be scared by them. The "OH, not this again!" factor makes it so much worse.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:28 am

If there's an "OH, not this again" factor, wouldn't that mean you can turn it into a lucid dream? Maybe you should try that next time you get that feeling.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:20 am

Ask yourself, are you in control of the dream, or is the dream in control of you?

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:34 pm

2 Questions:

Its funny in my nightmares i end up running away from something and it feels like I'm stepping in molasses or (if i'm swimming) like honey.

in nightmares are you yourself or are you watching yourself?

does this ever happen to any of you?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:09 pm

I'm usually in first person. However, for self-induced dreams I don't have the mental power to view it in first person.

MONKEYZ RULE
mashed patatos and whipped cream
Location: Somewhere too warm for a jacket, yet too cold for shorts.

Post by MONKEYZ RULE » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:35 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:This nightmare scared me at the time ( i was only 6 >< it was almost 10 years ago ) when i had it, since i was so young and got scared when a friggn bird flew past my head. Anyhoo, in this nightmare i dreamed that i woke up and walked down my hallway. Then in the middle of my living room was a weird table with mysterious inscriptions in the center. There was a puzzle box on it ( work with me here, i know it's random O_O ) and all the other furniture was pushed away. The door closed beside me and the puzzle box suddenly opened up and put itself together, except when it did it was a picture of a floating skeleton head. Then it burned up. I ran back to my room only to find a big skeleton there with a scythe, who i presume was the grim reaper because i vaguely remember watching some horror movie about him at the time. He laughed really evil and then slashed me, and then i woke up.

My more random and demented ones include giant pumpkins, floating sandwiches that are spears, and crop circles, so i'm not gonna relate anymore :lol:
wow, your dreams are almost as freakishly demented as v-nix, and thats somthing to be scared of, he told me one of his nightmares and then i had it that week as the only thing that i dreamt every night, i kept waking up almost screaming and nearly hiding under the blankets

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:34 am

NovaNoah wrote:in nightmares are you yourself or are you watching yourself?
That's a hard question. The simple fact is, I don't know.

It's like I'm myself, but at the same time watching myself, it's hard to describe. But...

I see everything from behind and around me, and at the same time (but without it being weird, because this happens even on dreams that feel so real that you think they are) I'm looking at things through my eyes. Do you understand?

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:45 pm

Post deleted
6. Be polite. Do not post anything defiling: e.g., swears, insults, ethnic slurs, etc.
Keep in mind that there are children here.

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:16 pm

as Invertin said about being in first person but seeing whats behind you and around you is probably what happens to me, i have this awareness about whats near me.

(thanks BWS)
Last edited by NovaNoah on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:35 pm

NovaNoah wrote:as invertin said about being in first person but seeing whats behind you and around you is probably what happens to me, i have this awareness about whats near me.
Corrected. :P

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 pm

NovaNoah wrote:as Invertin said about being in first person but seeing whats behind you and around you is probably what happens to me, i have this awareness about whats near me.
I get this while I am awake pretty often. I am just in my head looking out through my eyes, thinking about something, coasting through the day, and suddenly remember that I am actually there. Like I am taking off blinders, and can see in 360 degrees. I think in modern life we focus so closely on vision that we forget that we have other senses. Combined with spatial memory, those senses are keen enough to give us very strong local awareness if we let them.

You could try this now, by staring at the screen while exploring your surroundings with your mind. If you are observant, then you should be able to do this and 'see' everything that is there. That is part of what inspired the soul release mode in Black Shades.