NIGHTMARE

Anything else
v-nix
gr8 notebook artist

NIGHTMARE

Post by v-nix » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:59 pm

dude , you have had a night mare right, well whats the freakyest night mare you have ever had?
i got the idea when i had 1, it didnt scare me i just thought it was cool it was basicly saw 3

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:22 pm

All my worst nightmares involve tornados.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:27 pm

One of the freakier ones was being run over by a car again and again and not dying, but getting all the injuries. I was in deep shock after that one. I yelled so loud my parents thought I was transforming into a beast (that was when I was 15).

...Do you really want to read such stuff? You're sick, man..

Anyway, I dream a lot and usually remember it. And I dream really freaky stuff. That's not a good thing, I know, but that's how it is.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:41 pm

I don't know how being run over by a car again and again could affect you, as AFAIK you can't feel pain in a nightmare.

I never get bad nightmares, just frights. The most prominent one was the "Crouching Dreamer, Spinning Tiger" incident.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:03 pm

I didn't literally get the injuries, it just appeared that way. There was no physical affection.

Man, it's more than a decade ago; I was still almost a kid. I flew through the air, my extremities were ripped off and once I landed, the car came at me again and so on. It was scary enough for me to cry my ass off, dying but not dying repeatedly is not the coolest thing. There were other things involved as well, but let's not get into details that are related to my deepest fears. Let's say the car was only part of the problem.

Anyway, there's no point in criticizing the intenseness of my nightmares, right? You don't know what it's like to have such a dream, I guess. Besides, there's no such thing as things making sense in a dream. If you're scared, you're scared, and it's not necessarily related to such trivial things as pain or horror scenes.

And although you can't feel pain in a nightmare, you still react as if you would feel it. There are several reports where people say they were stabbed in their dream and felt the knife entering their body. You may not actually feel something, but that doesn't change the intenseness of the illusion.

I've had a lot of nightmares in my life. But fortunately, I forgot the majority of them.

I learned that there are some that are really absurd, where you're fearing to experience stuff that in our world isn't scary at all. I had this other one where the bus took another route than usual, and I was scared to death.

Crouching Dreamer, Spinning Tiger? I don't understand.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:49 pm

What do you mean intenseness? It's not intense at all.
rudel_ic wrote:There are several reports where people say they were stabbed in their dream and felt the knife entering their body.
That's the exact thing I'm saying does not happen in a dream or nightmare, you never feel anything. It never happens with me anyway. Having a car drive at you again and again would be a bit unnerving, but you wouldn't actually feel anything.

Crouching Dreamer, Spinning Tiger was a nightmare lasting about 10 seconds involving a tiger spinning round a clump of trees in a jungle at insane speeds, before lunging at me.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:40 pm

I have Nightmares that turn out to be Dachavoo (is that how you spell it?)
The Next day after having a Nightmare, the Events happen. Not In the Extreme, but they could be the little things in it like walking on a buss, Meeting Strangers that made an appearances in my Dreams, and the like. and I just go though the day saying What the???

how ever, the Strangest Dream I have had repeats of is this:

I was walking onto a buss, it is a bendy buss, It reminds me of the buss home I take, its a 154 or a 163, it is Cramed with a Standing load of people who take many walks of life, there are a few Homo geeks (Homi Geez) sitting down talking, a mother tending to her Crying child, an office worker who looks like he is late for a meeting.

I push my way though to the back of the buss, the place is hectic. Throwing my jacket over my shoulder I suddenly remove a Gun of some kind from the inside pocket, I Pull back a bolt on it and make open season on anyone on the buss.

I can Hear the sounds of each bullet Ripping though each person, the Glass Breaks in on the people sitting. after the last few seconds people take cover behind the seats, but that dose not save them from me as I blast the chairs open with High powered gunfire.

after thirty seconds the buss's floor is covered in blood, some times the occasional mix of meat flows down to the slop where the doors allow exit.
I walk down the Buss now, reloading my gun, cackling manic Insanely, when suddenly, I wake up...

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:09 pm

That doesn't count as strange to me, I think it just counts as "Colicedus".

Also, I didn't know you were psychic. :P

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:18 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:What do you mean intenseness? It's not intense at all.
rudel_ic wrote:There are several reports where people say they were stabbed in their dream and felt the knife entering their body.
That's the exact thing I'm saying does not happen in a dream or nightmare, you never feel anything. It never happens with me anyway. Having a car drive at you again and again would be a bit unnerving, but you wouldn't actually feel anything.

Crouching Dreamer, Spinning Tiger was a nightmare lasting about 10 seconds involving a tiger spinning round a clump of trees in a jungle at insane speeds, before lunging at me.
Why are you criticizing people like that? How can you say what is intense and what isn't? You think pain can't be felt in dreams? Why? You feel pain because your nerves tell your brain to think that way. So why wouldn't you feel it in a dream, that's all you're doing.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:34 pm

Because I've had dreams before, and I've never felt anything in them.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:38 pm

Yeah, everybody must be exactly like BunnywithStick, that's great.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:40 pm

Well why don't you tell me your story of radioactive rods being strapped to your back for 5 years that caused you to feel pain in dreams?

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:43 pm

It is definitely possible to feel a lot of pain in nightmares; I am pretty sure that is normal. Nightmares would probably be a lot less scary if you couldn't feel pain.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:50 pm

^ Definatly. You guys are retarded :P . Of course you can feel pain in nightmares. I got stabbed in the back and woke up with the feeling still in my back for another minute or so.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:57 pm

according to science your dreams are random blocks of Information all chucked together creating a random Vision. and PAIN is information, its information telling you that body part is damaged.

if Sound, smells, and sight can be eluded in dreams, I think pain can be as well...